Skip to content

Discuss This Honda unveils two new 700s in US New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda unveils two new 700s in US

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda unveils two new 700s in US

In a surprise move, Honda has just unveiled two new varients of its novice-friendly NC700 V-twin – but it's not yet certain they'll be coming to the UK. The two scooter-cruiser hybrids, unveiled in Chicago and aimed, primarily, at the American market, are dubbed the CTX700 and CTX700N – with CTX derived, Honda say, from 'Comfort, Technology and eXperience' while thew...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 14:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

the future is a parallel twin

It's a Parallel Twin MCN and thats the point as they are cheaper to build than a V Twin.The Chinese Parallel Twin CF Motor 650 is it seems in direct competion with the Dullsville (as they say) it even has the plastic piece on the fairing same as the Honda.It's gonna be an interesting few years and no doubt though people will pay a premium for the Honda badge

SATNAV i think Honda at least have seen this coming ( Chinese invasion) and investing in the Parallel Twin making lot's of derivatives but that CF Moto is just the start and if they can do the same in other Engine Formats then like you say Manufacturers must be concerned.No doubt Triumph will have to lower the price for the likes of Levers if it's that easy to get the same alot cheaper.They probably source them from a similer manufacturer.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Steve

The CF is a cheap NT copy, parallel twin & chain drive, in the same way these are cheaper versions of the DN & not better. Hft is seamless compared to Dct giving a much nicer ride. Dct is probably just a necessary evil when mating an auto transmission to the higher powered VFR.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Domster!

How do you know the CF is a cheap copy until we see one? It could be made from top class materials for all we know. And if it is, at just over 5 grand, it will be a real bargain. As the saying goes, don't knock it till you've tried it! Look how cheap Japanese imports in the sixties faced up to the established British makes and we know what happened next, don't we?!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Decent enough bikes, will doubtless sell loads.

You have chaps looked at the MCIA new registration figures recently? If it were a race, Honda would have lapped everyone else three times then stopped in park ferme to shag a couple of the brolly dollies.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Steve

You're contradicting yourself, "slightly better than the DN" "Don't knock it----". I said the CF is a cheap copy of the NT due to its' engine & chain, nothing to do with materials & 5 grand confirms that.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Year of the Snake

Yes ROOM101 their is already good quality bikes and engines coming out of China for the Majors and hence sold at a premium but the CF650MOTO is direct from Chinese maker and way cheaper than anything and quality seems good too.They may well be planing to build bikes for the Adventure market and so on.Interesting few years ahead.

Honda have gone upmarket with their range and so should do well.

It will be interesting to see what Triumph do with their factory in India,could well build most of their bikes there eventualy.They should have done more with the 675 motor though in my opinion like Honda.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Of the two...

..I like the looks of the naked version better just because the other is too much DN-01 which in my opinion was too outside the norm in the looks department. But we're talking looks here, which is always subjective, but important to most. It's what's underneath and how well it's done that matters most to me. These are not bikes for traditionalists or yesterday's riders, these are bikes for today's younger set and most likely those who have yet to ride. Easy on the wallet, a good step up from small scooters but offering the same ease of control and what looks like low seat height. How well they do in the market is anyone's guess but Honda truly seems to be on a roll as of late.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

bleh...

I think I puked in my mouth a bit. Its like if they took the rear of an ugly bike and tried to fit it with the front of a different ugly bike. Cool that they try to do something different, but can't it look good too? I ride 20000km a year, and all the specs are important, but what is even more is the grin factor. I can't imagine getting myself exciting by walking to my bike for a ride if I had one of these, I'd rather walk or take my bicycle.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

NC vs. NT

@ domster - I understand that the NC I-2 is less expensive than the NT V-2 due to commonality with parts from the high selling Honda Fit (aka Jazz) cage, as well as the low rpm limit, which does not require as high of grade materials to meet Honda reliability standards, compared to the NT engine, which is after all descended from a naked sport-bike engine.

Apart from the shaft drive and engine, I would expect the NC’s to be as well built as the NT’s, especially as the latter has some questionable plastic bits (I have had a pannier cover and lock replaced under warranty on my Dullsville, and the lids do not latch if you try to stuff too much in).

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Terrible

What are honda thinking, this bike is disgustingly terrible, I would have to be on my knees financially to accept one of these bikes being given to me and then I would have to think hard about accepting it.

It is horrible I can't see anyone wanting one of these unless they are forced to have one as a company vehicle other than that, Nooooo.

Where has all the good honda bikes gone?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices