Skip to content

Discuss This Honda unveils two new 700s in US New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda unveils two new 700s in US

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda unveils two new 700s in US

In a surprise move, Honda has just unveiled two new varients of its novice-friendly NC700 V-twin – but it's not yet certain they'll be coming to the UK. The two scooter-cruiser hybrids, unveiled in Chicago and aimed, primarily, at the American market, are dubbed the CTX700 and CTX700N – with CTX derived, Honda say, from 'Comfort, Technology and eXperience' while thew...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 14:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

bloomin heck

honda what the heck are these abortions? You would have thought they would have learnt from the dn01 travesty

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Lovely

Thats more like it Honda, a bit like the Lovely DNO1. I'm going to pack my bags and move to America. Piglet.... get the Kettle on.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

The DN01 looked ace! Just a shame it was a dullsville engine underneath and cost more than an elephant made of gold.

Reply to this Topic
vanandy

Feb 12

vanandy says:

Pants

Pile of boring bike that won't sale here, ZERO presence. un-inspiring, weak, nauseious, makes me feel sick to think this is an offering from my fav manufacturer. WAKE UP HONDA.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Vanandy...

With the utmost respect I think you are missing the point... Honda have moved the goal posts here, they are stepping into unknown territory and thinking beyond the "Race Rep" "Sports Tourer" ,"Every day user", "practicle", "mass appeal" Market capturing, Bikes of the past..... and giving the world ermmm ....."SHIT LIKE THIS".

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Very slightly better than the DN-01, but that wouldn't be difficul.  And how spindly looking is that front disc brake? One for the Yanks but don't think it will catch on here. And thats putting it politely. Ride it with a tinted visor, then no-one will recognise you!

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Eh?

"NC700 V-twin"

Shurely shome mishtake...?

The NC is a parallel twin, it's half a Honda Jazz car engine.

If this new bike has the NC engine the yanks will love it because that motor has all the refinement of a vintage tractor.

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

vile

id sooner drive a car than ride these.

Reply to this Topic
ZMC888

Nov 09

ZMC888 says:

Arrg. Why God why? Honda, great engineering department hopless marketing department. You've got a CB500 and a NC700, so why piss money away designing and marketing this abomination?

Reply to this Topic
tamashiihyu

Aug 10

tamashiihyu says:

About time.

This style of bike would suit me and that is a considered opinion.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices