Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

just got my self off gatso offence

Dear Sir or Madam
I acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding the alleged speeding offence in Bury.
I can remember the speed camera taking the photos of me in the Citroen van and noted i was only doing a few mph and though nothing would come of it..I have included the two pictures of my van and have noticed it has not moved very far from one picture to the next in fact it has moved two road markings which are 3 feet apart (i have measured them )I understand there is a 0.5 second gap between the photos ,from this i have worked out the following
Formula speed=gap x marks x 0.6818
3 x2 x0 x.6818=4.09 mph
As you can see just over 4 mph is nowhere near the speed limit (30mph)
Also you can see in the photos barely two van lengths in front of me the traffic is stationary as there is now gaps between the cars i am unlikely to be doing 43mph with such a short distance to stop.I think you need to re-examine my case

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 15:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Love it!

Though it does call into question the skills (hahahaaa) of the individual responsible for issuing the NIP in the first place.

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

sorry i did not say its a fixed gatso camera.this is the nearest you will get to a police admission that gatso are not 100% reliable 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Nice one

:smile This guy sounds the biz, not sure how true it all is? but an interesting enough series all the same.

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

totally true i can promise you ,checkout the photos i have up loaded and you can see the letter i recived from the police this morning saying no futher action 

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

HI Mike

Pleased to see you got a great result.

Can I suggest you remove your address from the letter.

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

just got my self off a gatso offence

Thanks ,i can remember it going off  and i knew i was far from speeding and the gatso said i was doing 43 mph just as well i remember or i would have paid it 

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

i have spent half a hour bluring out my name and address and then put the original photo

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

i suppose there not to bad at least they let me see the photos ,some forces wont show them until you go to the magistrates and at that point you will have all ready cost you a few thousand

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

4mph.

4mph? At last, they're prosecuting dawdlers! Only kidding. I wonder what set it off and how often it's happened before, and I wonder if anyone in authority is bothered about that.

I'm surprised calibration and dependability haven't been scientifically rubbished and brought to court before now.

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

this camera has a calibration certificate i have seen it,and i wonder how many other people have been caught by this camera like me.i believe large HGV lorrys going in the opposite direction

Attached images:

1. P1060725  
  2. P1060726  
Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices