Skip to content

General Beginner - Naked Bikes... Whats best? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Beginner - Naked Bikes... Whats best?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Demunn

Feb 13

Demunn says:

Beginner - Naked Bikes... Whats best?

Hi Guys... new to here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place for some advice. 

Background: Im 27 years old, live and work in London so use my bike for commuting through traffic each day. I have been riding a Yamaha Xmax 125 for the last two years and just passed my full test so looking to upgrade to a proper machine. 

Also when I was 18 I rode a Honda NSR 125 for two years so have some experience on geared bikes. 

I dont want a sports bike as I dont think its worth it in London, and I would probably kill myself... but I do want something exciting, reliable, but also practical. 

I really like the Naked style bikes... below is a list of the ones that I am looking at and I was wondering if anyone could give any pointers / pro's / cons as to which I should be looking at or any that I should instantly cross of the list. 

Kawazaki ER6N (2013)
Triumph Street Triple R (2013)
Honda CBF600 Hornet (2013)
Ducati Monster 696 (2013)

as well as the above im also open to the following, but was worried about these being a bit big for a beginner bike, so let me know your thoughts on these too. 

Kawazaki Z800 (2013)
Yamaha Fz8
CBR 600F (2013)
VFR 800 (2013)

as you can see I am confused and have literally listed most bikes, just don't want to make the wrong call and regret it. 

Any help and support would be much appreciated guys. 

Cheers

Dave

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 February 2013 20:42)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bike

my bandit for sale..:smile

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Gladius

is a great town bike. I occasionally the wife's for the commute. This morning was one of those occasions when my YZF750 wouldn't start (battery)

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

I don't think...

Demunn,will be buying any bike do you?....He's just done a list of the nakeds that were reviewed in last weeks MCN and dropped the Hondas and Ducati in for fun.:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Looks like..............

You have all been suckered yet again!

Fester no doubt?

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Suckered.

Ah, well. It's not the first time. My middle name is gullible. I try to live up to it :smile

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Dont worry Beelady..........

only nice folk get suckered.

Never the ass-holes.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

KS,

marry me? :biggrin:

Just kidding. Nobody else would put up with Mr. B, so I'd better stick with him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices