Skip to content

Ask an Expert Can I convert 1997 ex-army XR250 to electric start Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Can I convert 1997 ex-army XR250 to electric start

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

XR250man

Feb 13

XR250man says:

Can I convert 1997 ex-army XR250 to electric start

I have a 1997 Honda XR250 chassis number: JH2ME08A0VM100221. I don't have a model number other than "XR".

It is a kick start only model and in 1999 I see they made an electric start model looking very similar.  Is it possible to fit an electric start kit to the engine on my bike?  Obviously I would need a battery and if a kit is possible, advice on the best place to locate the battery too please.

Other option - is there another electric start engine that would fit directly into my bike's chassis?

Appreciate any tips or advice - getting too old for this kick starting lark!
Cheers - John

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 February 2013 10:59)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda XR250 1997

Hi XR250man and welcome to the site:smile

I think it would be a better and easier option to part ex your bike for a model which would suit your currant predicament.No you can't fit an electric start to your model,and the only engines i can think of which again will not fit but could be made to fit would be a CBF250 or the engine out of one of the quad bikes like a TRX 250.But think i would be changing the bike not the engine to another engine due to the complication and expense,but that's just me!!.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
XR250man

Feb 13

XR250man says:

Thanks

Thanks kcmc - I was hoping to keep the bike as I really like it :wacko:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale