Skip to content

General Salami for tea tonight ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Salami for tea tonight ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Salami for tea tonight ?

did anyone have Italian salami as part of their evening meal ? :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/294020/Now-there-s-donkey-meat-in-UK-salami/Now-there-s-donkey-meat-in-UK-salamiNow-there-s-donkey-meat-in-UK-salami 

We'll never know what we've put down our gullets :lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 February 2013 19:22)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

LOL

Maybe it's only me, but I find all of this very funny.

I have no problem eating horse, donkey, rabbit or anything else.  Hell, I've even eaten sparrow knowingly.

If you ARE bothered about what you eat, buy fresh and cook it yourself.  Support your local farmers.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Meal?

You mean "evening mule."
:lol:

Linda McCartney's meals were advertised on TV yesterday. They obviously thought it was an opportune moment but I'm waiting to learn what "Quorn" really is.
:wink:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

James

Quorn is a type of mushroom protien as far as I'm aware. Quite a clever product in my opinion...

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

quorn

is from a mushroom like fungus......lord knows what is added to make the flavours.  There have been reports of strong allergic reactions to it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/3318997/Whats-the-truth-about...-Quorn.html

i've tried it as a 'low fat' replacement for mince in Cottage Pie, but found the texture a bit 'mealy'....and given it all seems a bit too scientifically constructed, think i'm better off with beef (horse, whatever....) mince.     :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

il eat

anything i love rabbit ive been to bulgaria n they eat hore as i hhave n its lush !!!!! whats the prob ?

do u think thair were any dogs n cats about in the war ?

no coz if my familliy were starving id do whT I COULD

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Me too Brigette

we've benn pissing ourselves tonight, what's funny as well is the French clearing their shelves of stuff, well what goes round comes round, remember the BSE thing ? and how Germany and the treacherous French were pointing collective fingers at Britain ? well suck it up you Kraut and Froggie feckers :lol::lol::lol:

Freddie brought us the menu in the H/B earlier "sorry senor no horse burger on the menu tonight" they're laughing their tits off at the indignation of poor unsuspecting Britain eating all that horse :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

the problem is....

that there is no provenance of where the horse meat has come from (apart from Eastern Europe) or what medication was in the body before slaughter....if an horse is treated by a vet in the U.K. and is then shot,the body is deemed not fit for consumption,and should be incinerated.....look around at all the obese people.It's not all  from eating lots of pies.It's from eating meat full of steroids and antibiotics,used to bulk up the donor animal....vulcanrider, after all you said about the Welsh rugby fans.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

don't get the horse

not fit for human consumption argument, cows get injected with antibiotics and other treatments in the same way as horses..:huh:..?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

exactly steve...

and despite what the experts might say, it's being transferred to the consumers.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

yup.......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle