Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo

Valentino Rossi has paid a glowing tribute to reigning MotoGP world champion and 2013 factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo after being reunited with the Spaniard for the start of winter testing in Sepang last week. Rossi said Lorenzo was now the most complete rider on the MotoGP grid and an even bigger threat on a factory YZR-M1 than he was when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 February 2013 12:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Right now he's the best..and has been for a while IMO. It says so on the tin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'tin may say so' but the second half of last season doesn't. Nor for that matter do the recent tests.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Lorenzo didn't ride for points

from where I sat on the grass in Brno gaping in awe at the pass i just saw him perform on Pedrosa.

There's a lot more subtle shades of grey than to say Lorenzo rode for points during the back end of 2012. He rode the hardest he could and took the points available which invariably meant second place to an on fire Pedrosa and twenty in the bag. If you read transcripts of his races you'll recall Lorenzo had major moments in most of those races. Moments that in an instant could go tits up, or stay rubber down. Had Lorenzo honestly thought he could win those races, the racer within would have tried. Some days you just have to acknowledge your foe is faster and concede defeat. Which is an entirely different kettle of Barramudi to Stoner going down whilst on Pedrosa's tail at the Sachsenring. Stoner genuinely thought he was in with a shout for the win. They all would've pushed and risked in that circumstance.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

nostro

I'm envious of you being trackside but it's my opinion that JLo rides for points. 

For sure the WC means alot, but personally i'd rather see a rider rip it in every race. . . . regardless. 

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

You just need to accept it Pacey

Your boy lost. You're constantly trying to belittle Jorge's achievement because Casey got beat by the better man. As well as another man.

Jorge was the best over the season, which is what this is all about, not some, "I only ride for wins" cop out, immature bullshit.

He won when he could, saved it when he had to, and brought it home when needed. He also didn't fold when it mattered like little Dani. Mature, tough, smart, racing.

Maybe you've got more in common with those fickle Rossi friends of yours than you think.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I am not envious

On the grass...ha ha...Can you not get in the paddock?
I could get you a 3 day pass for most events but I would worry what would happen if you came face to face with the man you detest!
Ever had a bike rebuilt by Nigel Everett?
Nah probably scared of real race bikes.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

pc

you used to be bitter but now your twisted.
Get a life eh.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

I still reckon that even if Rossi hadn't broke his leg in 2010 Lorenzo would have beaten Rossi ,if Rossi wants to beat Rossi he,ll have to dig really deep , & also the threat of Marquez & pedrosa, if pedrosa rides like he did last year then it going to be a good season

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bert

Your boy lost. You're constantly trying to belittle Jorge's achievement because Casey got beat by the better man. As well as another man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't belittle JLo, i just say it as i see it. Re- Casey getting beaten, don't they all eventually?

'buell'...........................probably the umpteenth time you've been been told this, stfu bud. You're boring as ever. PS You're way past getting a life.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I've seen more than enough fat bald middle aged plus men in stretched faded yellow tee-shirts. What on earth makes you think I'd want to come face to face with a boring buffoon like yourself Buelli?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

buell

Nah probably scared of real race bikes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I raced to a more than decent standard at National level. I guess you saved your best for when the schools emptied?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices