Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo

Valentino Rossi has paid a glowing tribute to reigning MotoGP world champion and 2013 factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo after being reunited with the Spaniard for the start of winter testing in Sepang last week. Rossi said Lorenzo was now the most complete rider on the MotoGP grid and an even bigger threat on a factory YZR-M1 than he was when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 February 2013 12:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Calm down Wosi lad

Did I say that? What I meant to say was  - He'd have to be on the podium dressed in orange panties to share in that...

Just a bit of forum kidology to excite some of you more excitable types

As for a shoeing, no point me lining up next to Pacey. If you shoe him as hard as you promised, your highly polished cherry red DM will be stuck there for good, you won't get a second kick

Dogbert., you can screenshot it if you like, but you can also screenshot the many times I've said I wouldn't bet against him winning a race this year.

And do you honestly think that Lorenzo is going to take any notice of Rossi's 'mind games' - really?

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Rossi is a quick learner

Of course he's going to be complimentary to Jorge - he's not likely to do the same rubbishing he did of Stoner and then got kicked out of the park by same, is he?  You look a right tool when you rubbish someone and then find yourself, two years later, holding gamely onto 3 podiums while the guy you rubbished has 15 wins and 26 podiums in the same period.  Not to mention him having delivered 23 wins and 41 podiums in four years to the team you joined and gave those three podiums to in two years.  Just for the mathematically challenged, that's an average of 5.75 wins and 10.25 podiums per year Stoner delivered, while Rossi  managed  0 wins and 1.5 podiums per year

Back at Ducati HQ, there are 41 photos of Stoner in Ducati colours on the podium vs. 3 of Rossi.  del Torchio must be shitting tombstones about having to explain to Audi accountants how come he paid Eu5M per podium to Rossi while pissing off Stoner, who cost Eu100k plus bonuses for 10 wins and the WC in just one year..  They're going to say: 'hey, Honda recognised value, and offered Stoner 15m for jiust one year - and you let him go and bought Rossi?  No wonder Ducati went broke with that sort of intelligence at the helm. We have a position as tea-lady, get yourself a wig, stuff some balloons into your shirt and we might think about it.'

No, indeed, it's far safer for Rossi to set his ambition at the same level as his talent when he ain't gonna beat his team-mate or the Repsol Honda lads. In fact, it'd be wise for him to come out with high praise for Crutchlow and Bradl very soon too, just as a precaution.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Let him go?

You crazy farnakle. For all his duplicitous comments, and suspect sick leave Stoner isn't daft. There's nothing Ducati could have done to keep him when Honda came calling.

Even if they'd turned a blind eye to his AWOL fishing trips, and said nothing, Stoner would have joined Honda.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

farnakle

You talking about Ducati HQ in your bedroom because there are not 41 pics of Stoner in Borgo.
Dream on fanboy.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Talent out weighing ambition..

There's little doubt the Aussie performed minor miracles on that bike, but all his big success came when he had the Bridgestone & Desmo advantage.

I think Ducati were less worried about averages and looked at the 10 - 6 - 4 - 3, drop off stat in wins year on year, which was repeating itself at Honda until he retired..10 - 5 - R.

Every time he jumped on a bike he'd had nothing to do with in terms of development Casey went brilliant, then took the bike backwards.

Talking averages btw..

2011 in the races, Stoners fast laps were about 0.39 seconds quicker than Dovis on average.

2013, take 0.4 off Dovi's fastest testing lap at Sepang and you have Stoner in a theoretical 8th position 4 tenths behind Bautista's RCV and a massive 1.8 seconds behind Pedrosa's.

No wonder he bailed for the safety of the shopping run & nappy trail.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi's statistical extrapolation always amuses me

Let's take it the other way then shall we, with Rossi Ducati mounted back to 2003?

Rossi 2012 - zero wins, two podiums

Rossi 2011 - zero wins, one podium

Rossi 2010 - 2003 - zero wins and zero podiums. Oh dear....

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yeah if you like Nostril..remind me not play you at golf and mark my card.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner's lap times

We have discussed the agostini  (some bloke who I am lead to believe had some success as a gp bike rider) stoner/hailwood analogy at length (rather flattering to stoner even I would admit) wosi,  stoner only had a 1 to 2 second a lap advantage over others other than at PI when both were on bad bikes, his advantage was significantly less on a better bike like the honda.

I think you will find dovi didn't beat stoner all that much though, and also that stoner unlike some made his data and settings freely available to his teammates. 

As I have said severally I don't think valentino is responsible for the foibles of the ducati  gp11 or the ducati gp 12, but in retrospect ducati might not have been unhappy with 4th in the championship and 3 or 4 race wins in 2011 and 2012, fairly good results for them historically. The big problem was that both ducati and valentino thought it wouldn't be too hard to do better.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey ... Out with the brick trowel and in with the luuuurve. Who'd have guessed?!  Sick bucket anyone?

There's nothing like 2 years of humbling humiliation to focus the mind of a great champion.  He's learned a painful lesson and realises that he is not invincible.   Still has the class to get results tho'

Nostro ... for once I agree with you - Jorge doesn't ride for points  he settles for points when he knows he can't challenge for the win.   Make no mistake if the win is on Jorge will go for it.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Forget golf Wosi

you'll never beat CCB - he's a legend at the game by his own admission.

Let's talk cricket instead....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices