Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi praises ‘perfect’ Jorge Lorenzo

Valentino Rossi has paid a glowing tribute to reigning MotoGP world champion and 2013 factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo after being reunited with the Spaniard for the start of winter testing in Sepang last week. Rossi said Lorenzo was now the most complete rider on the MotoGP grid and an even bigger threat on a factory YZR-M1 than he was when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 February 2013 12:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Right on cue........!

Out with the brick trowel and in with the luuuurve. Who'd  have guessed?! 

Sick bucket anyone?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hammer & Butter..

Rossi is absolutely right..Lorenzo has been the most complete rider since 2010.

Honda spent a fortune 2011..putting 4 works bikes with seamless gearboxes on the grid to wrestle his championship title away with sheer force of spending resources..simply put, they bought the title by putting everyone else in a tecnological stranglehold with the final 800 RCV.

They had no option mind..as to go through the entire 800 era without a win, in a series THEY instigated to favour their golden boy little Dani Pedrosa, would have been hugely damaging and the equivilent of corporate suicide.

Jorge put up a one man fight in the face of adversity last year, after Yamaha gave him a bike that was within sniffing distance, and he managed to pull it off against the odds with a steely determination and by not loosing his head under pressure.

Not only is he devastatingly consistent, a must to win any championship under such circumstances, he has matured and rides with his brains. Winning races is all well and good but not crashing and making mistakes is even more important. Jorge proved this last year, looked at the opposition and managed the situation. He had all bases covered and was mentally immense in fighting a rearguard campaign, without any help from other Yamaha riders.

The House of Iwata have the perfect factory team this year..a blend of experience combining how to win titles without neccessarily having the fastest bike with two super quick, canny operators riding for them.

They'll take some stopping.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, the only way Honda paid for the title..

..was by splashing out on the right rider.

Incidentally, I still think Pedrosa is the man to beat this year..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ecladent

Jan 13

ecladent says:

Feelin huge luuurrve

JLo must be loving this, I get the feeling that deep down he simply adores Vale. Gloves will be off though on the track, I expect them both to be treating every practice session like a race. Aaahh those good ol days of 2010.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No CHR..

Whatsemacallit did a decent job, but he had a bike that was in a different league and no competition..

Look what happened last year when the playing field got levelled?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Blah, blah, blah..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Rossi is absolutely right..Lorenzo has been the most complete rider since 2010.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JLo 1 title, Casey 1 title. What's Vale point aside from being ever so nice to his 'new' team-mate? One switched factories in this time and one was more than familiar with his steed.

Jlo.........as fast as fuck but rides for points. Not quite 'the show' that so many seem to crave is it?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lorenzo did what it took to get the job done and he's now WC for the second time..that's the idea btw.

If he'd had to go on the offensive from behind..I think you'd have seen a different ball game from him.

Right now he's the best..and has been for a while IMO. It says so on the tin.

I don't think he'll just be riding for just podiums when it kicks off..put it that way.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

no win situation

If Rossi had said Lorenzo was poor people would have moaned. Yet the same people still moan when he praises Lorenzo. To me the only thing that really matters is that Rossi has the strength and commitment still to be racing after two years of trying to ride a slow bike fast. Thanks to Rossi not retiring it should be a fantastic year this year with 4 riders in with a shout of a win . Hopefully Danni will come out on top but I don't really mind because it looks like its going to be a cracking season

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

no win situation

If Rossi had said Lorenzo was poor people would have moaned. Yet the same people still moan when he praises Lorenzo. To me the only thing that really matters is that Rossi has the strength and commitment still to be racing after two years of trying to ride a slow bike fast. Thanks to Rossi not retiring it should be a fantastic year this year with 4 riders in with a shout of a win . Hopefully Danni will come out on top but I don't really mind because it looks like its going to be a cracking season

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices