Skip to content

Discuss This Leon Haslam: Sykes, Melandri and Laverty WSB title favourites World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Leon Haslam: Sykes, Melandri and Laverty WSB title favourites

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Leon Haslam: Sykes, Melandri and Laverty WSB title favourites

Ten Kate Honda rider Leon Haslam believes Tom Sykes, Marco Melandri and Eugene Laverty will kick off the new World Superbike season in Australia later this month as the main title contenders. Last year’s runner-up Sykes, BMW rider Melandri and Aprilia’s Laverty haven’t changed machinery for the forthcoming season, which gets underway at the spectacular Phillip Island track on February 24. And...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 February 2013 12:42)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

I think

Jonathan Rea will have something to say about Leon`s prediction !

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

I would put Guintoli over Laverty

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Laverty?

What the hell has Laverty done to be considered a title favorite? He's no Biaggi. He's probably the only person more overrated than Haslam. Laverty probably won't beat Ginters ffs. I bet Chaz has a better year than Laverty.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Laverty

Haslam rides with Laverty week in week out. I'm sure he knows how strong an opponent he is. Bear in mind Aprilia clearly had a 2-tier team last year with the focus almost solely on Biaggi. They have given Laverty number one rider status this year which means screamingly fast motors and the top engineers. Watch this space before writing him off.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i agree to a degree

i think those three will make the early running, but Guintoli and Davis and possibly Baz will make more of an impact as the season goes on. Not sure this years Honda is going to be competive enough for Haslam and Rea to figure much!And as for the Ducati riders? well jury is well and truely out on that one atm.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Prediction time

2013 WSB championship standings will be...

1 Sykes

2 Melandri

3 Guintoli

Disclaimer: I'm always wrong with my predictions.

My reasoning is as follows: The Ducati needs a year to develop into a consistant winner so I'm counting it out. Sykes is the best rider along with Melandri, but Sykes' bike has a slight edge. Guinters is better than Laverty, and is on an awesome bike.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

SYKSEY

Got a bet on Tom already

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN