Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: No question Rossi will be competitive in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: No question Rossi will be competitive in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: No question Rossi will be competitive in 2013

Valentino Rossi’s impressive return to Yamaha’s factory YZR-M1 in Malaysia last week is proof that the Italian will be a major force again in the MotoGP world championship. That's the view of Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis after Rossi buried his own personal doubts about his potential folliowing a nightmare two-year spell with Ducati when he set the third fastest time during...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 February 2013 13:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You talking about me Eddl?

Can't say I was surprised at the time Yamaha's nr.2 rider posted. He was desperate to post one and gritted his teeth to pull that out. Baring in mind Pedrosa and Lorenzo had time in hand had they wanted to show it.  I was more surprised Bradl wasn't a bit further up (although he was crook by all accounts). I would also like to think Bautista will be performing better and more consistently 2013 with a year of Showa data to show for himself.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

MrNumber

This is about being polite and trying to keep low key, avoiding ruffling up feathers and getting his arse quietly back on a bike that will bag him 2 more championships and thus become the all time moto gp king.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry bud, you lost me after 'being polite'. Not quite part of Vales 'style' really. Always happy to please a fickle crowd but equally there to put a fellow rider down, as history shows.

As for 'low key' ......................get real bud.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

nos

Your admitting then that Rossi is one of the fastest guys out their then? Nice to here it. Now if you can just say that one little word (sorry) and admit you were wrong about Rossi then you might go up in my estimation

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Im not sure lorenzo had much more in hand, surely he wouldn't want pedrosa getting first blood after the run he was on at the end of last year........ rossi has admitted that was a brain out lap but you can well imagine consistency will follow...... Not a big fan of bradyl but think bautista is under achieving.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

was jarvis's dad a johnny cash fan by the way?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"I think he is also still very realistic about it and he recognises the speed of Dani, Marc (Marquez) and Jorge but there is no question that he is going to be in the mix. That’s great for the sport, for Yamaha and for him personally it must be an enormous relief.”

I think the last two years has forced him to take stock and we'll see less clowning. He'll clap his fans in appreciation when he's successful but there'll be no more trackside theatrics on the slow down. He's older and it doesn't fit with what he's trying to achieve from here on in.

Saying this..the sparkle will remain. A smile playing around the lips, a glint in the eye.

If Rossi wasn't a bike racer he could have been an assasin..

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Rossi doesn't strike me as the type that needs advice on how to carry himself. He isn't a superstar because he's a knob it's impossible to pull that off over an extended period. Of course there are always those that hate folk who are popular and get even wound up when they turn out to be good at their job as well. Rossi will do what he does And the fans will appreciate it, irs pity nostro an co can't get into the mood thet'd enjoy it alot more anyways i doubt they'll be hiring a communications guru to do it for him.........

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"If Rossi wasn't a bike racer he could have been an assasin.."

Hahaha hahaha... a children's entertainer more like!... hahaha!..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Huge.

You say Rossi is popular.. to his fans maybe. But it would appear to the people in the paddock that seem to know him best, maybe not so much. The ever genial Colin Edwards for example, when asked who he'd like to have as a dinner guest, mentioned Casey Stoner as one, but not his old team mate. Why is that - maybe Valentino's a complete bore around a dinner table, or actually, when you get to know him, a complete tool? either way, it makes you think..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mmm..

I think we all know who'll be doing the rounds at kiddies parties this year CHR..don't you?

Starting this weekend on Valentino's birthday..Hahaha. Honestly, you couldn't make it up..

Keep thinking Pal. Not too hard mind..your ears might start bleeding.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices