Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport first ride TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport first ride

We're riding the mountain roads near Barcelona on the new £9599 Tiger 1050 Sport, Triumph's adventure-styled sports tourer. It's an updated version of the Tiger 1050 that's been with us since 2007 and has another 10bhp, more torque, more stable steering geometry and better comfort. It has 120 new parts, including new swingarm, wheels, bars, seat and styling. With all the different...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 February 2013 11:00)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"the best bike in this class is still the slightly more expensive KTM990SMT - it's the ultimate all-rounder"

I know this :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Preunit

Plenty fast enough for old fharts like me though,we are not bothered about having the Ultimate or fancy Lecky Gismo's and this is where Triumph score,it keep's the price down and you fly the flag,lovely jubly maybe one day

Reply to this Topic
triday12

Jun 06

triday12 says:

I was tempted but with a few basic accessories pushing the price to over £10k, not this time for me

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

improvements

I had an early 1050 and overall really liked it, so there were three crap points, suspension, very bouncy and knackered after about 10K miles in a year, the lights were shocking, and the chain guard 3 inches too short for a scott oiler,  and it couild have done with about 20% more power.( I know thats 4 points)

So have they fixed it?

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Plummer

I couldn't have said it any better! I had the exact same problems/issues with mine. It seems then they haven't addressed all of the problems/issues. Which is a shame i was really considering one. But not now:(

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

SPRINTMAN

I hear you, but after riding ktm's smt,smr,adventure and then the Tiger, well ktm won by a massive smile :) oh and no electronics on mine either :)

Reply to this Topic
cousinbillybob

Jan 13

Sprint..?

Instead of spending money revamping the Tiger, why not spend money on developing a new Sprint...?

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

BillyBob

Agreed - although Triumph haven't exactly been stingy with new models recently (Tiger800, Trophy, Adv 1200 etc..), so hopefully we might get both!

id have this tiger if i had the cash - it's basically an update on an already good bike.

re the sprint though, I've had two (ST955 and ST1050) and loved them both, but an 800 would be fine as long as it was a physically large bike - it's one of the things i really like about triumphs, I'm well over 6 foot tall and Jap bikes seem built for smaller people.

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
grumpytwin

Jul 08

grumpytwin says:

Tiger 1050SE

I bought one of these last July and kept it for all of four months! Good points: Lovely engine. Comfy gel seat. Relaxing. Bad points: Suspension was like a giant pogo stick. Headlamps were downright dangerous at night. Triumph dealers HOPELESS at knowing how to adjust them properly. Naff, cheapo luggage. You will need magnifying glass to read clock...6th gear not long enough. I just thought it was typical of modern bikes, built down to a price. Too many untidy bits of exposed wiring, screw-heads and sense of being unfinished. Hope the new one is better but I'll not shift from a beemer again!!

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

Hilarious!

So the brand new Tiger isn't even as good as the outgoing SMT? And that's the verdict in the Triumph-biased British press! Oh dear. Who the hell's going to buy one when they could get a 12month old SMT with traction control for less? Or a GS? If you really want a 13 plate, get a Caponord. It'll be just as rare and twice as good.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices