Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN February 13: The Real Rossi is Back! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN February 13: The Real Rossi is Back!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN February 13: The Real Rossi is Back!

In this week's MCN, out February 13th, we look at Valentino Rossi's return to Yamaha as he sets a searing pace in testing. We have a free 32-page pull-out guide to this weekend's MCN London Motorcycle Show. Also this week: KTM 1190 Adventure launch, and win a Honda CBR500 with the MCN Fantasy Road Race League. In sport: Sepang test exclusives - we talk...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 February 2013 14:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

real rossi?

Time will tell. He's not shown anything yet, other than some practice laps. We'll see how he fares under race conditions. Where did he finish up? 4th? If he carries on like that, and no one else improves, he's not even going to be on the pod! I reckon everyone else will get better but, can Rossi?????????????????? That's the question!!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

The Ducati is balls...

... and Rossi's being vindicated everytime Hayden, or Dovi opens their mouth, Ed!

'What do we need to change? Everything'

Ciao, idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Actually 3rd......

Rossi finished up in 3rd place on the last day, Marquez being in 4th.

Reply to this Topic
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

eddy998

ur just a hater, why do u hate to see him doing well? the fact is hes done well in the test top 3, 0.1 seconds off lorenzo and ur picking at that...just congratulate the guy. its pathetic and petty, u sure u not gay? cuz i know bitchy gay people like to hate and put people down

Reply to this Topic
PeteDuke

Jul 12

PeteDuke says:

Testing is one thing...Racing another, lets wait and see what happens in first few races.

Then we can get a balanced view of who / what / needs development .

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Fess Up......

(what I wrote in the Sport Forum) ....was it in MCN that I read speculation about Dovi' shaming Valentino by riding the Ducati to a podium in 2013? Well, he's told you and the season hasn't even started yet. Humble pie anyone?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Race

Edd and Pete.  Get real old boys.  Rossi has never been bothered about where he ends up on the grid.  He's a racer and come race day is where it counts.  Remember Laguna 08 by any chance!!!

How's the GOAT Dovi getting on with the Duke.  Read the below article on crash.  deja vu me thinks

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/188035/1/dovizioso_on_ducati_the_bad_point_is_now.html

Gone fishing - V8's test tomorrow, make sure you get up early

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

REAL ROSSI

The real Rossi has always been there, the duke is a flop because the engineers (NOT ROSSI)  haven't develloped the bike properly

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

How predictable!

You mean the Real Rossi PR machine is back. Sycophantic, vacuous journalism that does a huge disservice to motor racing heroes and fans alike. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Thank god for journos like Mat Oxley and some of the blogs out there.

Reply to this Topic
brianhevans

Nov 05

brianhevans says:

Doubters?

I don't know why anyone is surprised by Rossi's performance.  When he left Yamaha he won the last race, then he went to Ducati and the issues began; it has been clearly documented on several occassions that Ducati didn't really let Burgess/Rossi make the changes they requested.  Rossi always complained of chatter and lack of front end feel; so did other riders.  In stark contrast the Yamaha is praised by all that ride it for it's handling and rideability. 

Sure there are other great riders, and we all know Stoner was able to ride the Ducati albeit a completely different machine, and I'm happy for it as MotoGP would be boring otherwise but how could anyone think Rossi was out?  He's a 9 time world champion.  PR doesn't win races, skill, racecraft and equipment do.  Give any rider with skill a machine that gives them confidence and you will get a better performance.

Some say Rossi is back and yes PR sells magazines and creates excitement around the sport but the fact is he is back on a bike he can ride with complete confidence that will equal wins and to me there is nothing better than a champion who everyone thinks is out, like Rocky he will come back and I for one have never douted that.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices