Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: MotoGP better with competitive Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: MotoGP better with competitive Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: MotoGP better with competitive Valentino Rossi

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow believes the MotoGP world championship will be a greater spectacle for everybody with Valentino Rossi challenging for victories in 2013. The Italian quickly shrugged off a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati to set the third fastest time on an impressive return to Yamaha's factory squad in Malaysia last week. Rossi was only just over 0.4s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 February 2013 15:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Your such a pillock..sorry, pillar of virtue sometimes Bulto..

We are all well aware that you have no favourites and nothing makes the slightest bit of difference to you, even if it does have the tendancy to put us to sleep.

The point is..we want a bit of passion, excitement and a row or two. Preferably on and off the track.

Lorenzo and Pedrosa don't do excitement. How many battles in five seasons? I can probably count them using my bollocks as an abacus.

Rossi brings life to dull proceedings. There's bound to be a bit more action this year and you know it..nay, secretly yearn for it. Marquez will be good news too.

Come on Matey..out of the closit please. That's it. Now repeat after me..

YAHAY..WOO-HOO..ROSSEEee ROSSEEee ROSSEEee WAHHAY WHHOOPEE VALAY VALAY..

See?..You feel better already doncha..

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Competition is good

And it looks like we will have 4 real contenders this year, rather than 3, and also a fairly decent 2nd tier competition on the satillite bikes.

I suppose it is too much to ask for the Ducati factory to have a Eureka! moment anytime soon.   Thought so ...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

OO-er

Who's this Rosey then Wosi - got horrible images of you as your alter ego dressed in curly wig, yellow panties, shoes and handbag telling all the boys you are very 'appee to see them - if you think I'm chanting for that you can fck right off...

Now what's all this balls about Rossi brightening up dull proceedings. You know as well as I do that if he can piss off into the distance to win a race then that's what he'll do. The only time it ends in a scrap is if he and whoever he's scrapping with are too evenly matched to leave one another behind.

Obviously a good scrap is preferable to the former and Rossi returning to a bike he should get on with coinciding with Marquez' arrival in Motogp, plus the existing two, may just give a few more on track scraps than we've had recently. There's potential, that's for sure

The only real interest I have is how Crutchlow and Bradders get on but as quick as Crutchlow can be, I don't think the bike will let him get as close as he did last year, although you never know as just under 2/10ths off a factory Yam on last year's satellite bike is pretty damn impressive. A few updates and maybe? Outside of that it makes no odds who wins it although there's no denying I wouldn't want it to be Rossi - just never liked the bloke's modus operandi from way back  -  nothing to do with recent / current rivalries. Now strange as this may seem, but I don't need a favourite in order to enjoy a race or do a bit of whooping.

But if you need to dress up in yellow panty hose and frilled basque to cheer on your boy, well, no-one will begrudge you that, we've become accustomed to your little needs by now

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Do I detect a softening of attitude from the Rossi hard-line detractors. I do believe it is so !

Bulto I think you'll find the Crutchlow's bike is last years factory bike not last years satellite bike.   Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

I can probably count them using my bollocks as an abacus.

Credit where it's due Wosi, that line had me roaring! Well played.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

saturn

Your right mate...its jorge's valencia 2012 spec. And hes done well on it so far....

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

The power of dreams.

At the end of last season the Honda was the dominant bike. Dani won 6 of the last 8 races and he didn't just win 'em. Jorge had no answer and couldn't stay with him and had too settle for second. Jorge and Vale are already begging for a new gearbox. Unless Yamaha take a step forward then I can see Dani dominating this year and Lorenzo, Rossi and Marquez all fighting over second place.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

He has the same spec engine that Lorenzo finished last year on, but still last year's Tech 3 bike

No softening here, I never said (just for Wosi...) anything different

The only softening will be Wosi's hard on towards the end of the season as reality bites...

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

@buelligan272

are the new ducati boy going to push more though?

in the test they where slower than rossi was on the bike, so i'd say no there not

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ducati Boys

Does anyone think  the Ducati new boys are in Rossi's league?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices