Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

Michael Laverty reckons of the biggest surprises he got during an impressive MotoGP debut in Malaysia last week was the speed difference between factory prototype machinery like Honda’s RC213V and the production-based CRT bikes. The Irish rider produced one of the most impressive performances of last week’s Sepang showdown when he set the 15th best time and finished third best CRT...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 February 2013 11:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spindizzy

Aug 02

spindizzy says:

'Nostro - You set yourself up for the fall every time - your level of conceit is unsurpassed on MCN even though your voice is small like a kitten crying in a hurricane. Your make yourself target on here. Perhaps that's what turns you on. Best of all we don't care!" Strange, having no information or nothing interesting to say has never stopped you Saturn!? 1050 started this crap, got legitimately slapped down, went crying to Wosi - story well and truly dead. Nostro, you may as well give up, this lot are impervious to evidence where it doesn't match their bizarre infatuation for a weird looking Italian cheat.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

You're just not getting it, Wosi

You don't actually have to suck anyone's winkle. No I'm not kidding - why don't you give it a try?

And maybe even you will start making sense once you have Rossi's virtual scrotum out of your mouth.  OK - that's stretching it a bit but things could only get better.

Hang on ..... silly me!  Of course every article has to be reduced to a Rossi vs Stoner bukkake (aka The MCN Soggy Sao competition).  So let me see how I can join the party ....

OK - we now seem to have 4 discreet tiers in MotoGP :-

Factory Honda\Yamaha

Satellite Yamaha\Honda

Ducati

CRT

Occasionally there will be some cross-over, but basically Casey was right - the MotoGP championship is turning into a bit of a farce and needs fixing. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

But last year Ducati had a great bike..and Rossi was a spunk bucket?

FFS mate..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thanks Smackbum & Spindizzy

Nice to see not every poster on these pages hates Nostro. Just 95% - ha,ha. I'm just trying to do my little bit for education reform in Britain. Most MCN readers seem to have digested hook line and sinker a lot of yellow propaganda of North Korean proportions. Or perhaps it's the fact they don't read that's the problem.

Come on Saturn, you really do care. Half your posts mention Nostro.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

HAPPY VALENTINES XXXXX

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Education

I'm just trying to do my little bit for education reform in Britain.

Really? What's your take on the Ducati, now that Dovi's said more or less said the same as Rossi, i.e. it's no good, and Hayden's basically thrown the towel in with the current bike.

As for Gobmeier, I think he's still eating humble pie after the balls he'd been talking right up until the first test.

You said the bike was fine last year, what gives? Is it still fine? You waiting on Spies to pluck up the courage to go fast through a corner. Imagine Rossi had been three seconds back after shoulder surgery, then said the bike's not that bad.

Education?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

of course it's no good

They have had two years of useless feedback from their lead rider. It will take time to reverse that.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Don't be putting words in my mouth Puppy dog

Quote me saying the Ducati is 'fine'.  I've always maintained it was the third best machine on the grid and difficult to ride fast. That said I've also said it's probably not as bad as Yamaha's new nr.2 has made it out to be. Like Burgess I feel it is only 1% away. Time will tell.

Hayden I've never rated highly in the company he keeps.

Gobmeier started from where he needed to start - with a fully and comprehensive review of where Ducati were at. Obviously they didn't obtain all the data necessary from 2012. A race team of successful individuals are not going to repeat, or as the case may be actually test new options, if they didn't think it would be of benefit. That shouldn't be a difficult concept to comprend nippy one.

I see the old sport of throwing bullshit at Nostro is still going strong. Tragic wee dears.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Feedback

How do you know that weskit? Both Hayden and Rossi are world champions that know what a good bike feels like.

Because you like Ducati and don't like Rossi his feedback is shit? But we're agreed it is shit now are we? We can all move on from the "it just needs a rider who's not afraid of it" nonsense we've been hearing from certain quarters?

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Fine?

Better than that, "The Duke looks good, and outside of Hayden it's 2013 rider line up a strong one."

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices