Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

Michael Laverty reckons of the biggest surprises he got during an impressive MotoGP debut in Malaysia last week was the speed difference between factory prototype machinery like Honda’s RC213V and the production-based CRT bikes. The Irish rider produced one of the most impressive performances of last week’s Sepang showdown when he set the 15th best time and finished third best CRT...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 February 2013 11:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

quote  ''Like Burgess I feel it is only 1% away.'' unquote 

Apes DNA is only 1 % away from Humans - so what's your point ?

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Think he's missing a zero

Ducati's Nos. one and two are saying the current bike needs major surgery. Gobmeier is now saying the same.

The times are 10% from what the top guys are doing. Maybe they can get that down to 5% at a track they like, maybe, but we're a long way from 1%.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dogbert...

2 seconds in 120 is 1.6% deficit (with a rider of Dovi/Hayden's calibre). In qualifying last year some Ducati times were under the 1% mark... the worst of the CRT's this test was +5%... where do you get 10% from?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

One percent

If Ducati's performance is 1 percent away from Honda and Yamaha that is an enormous gulf in real terms.  Test and race results  (not just Rossi) over the last couple of years show just how much difference that makes.  It is quite true to say that Ducati need to re-think from the ground up  to become competitive with todays prototypes    a few tweaks here and there will not close the gap.   As another poster said -  no good looking for another Stoner - he was a rare enigma that only comes along once in a lifetime.

RevBenny - if yr still watching - sorry mate  it ain't Dovi  he's not the next coming.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

No Saturn - what's your point

I'm talking GP motorcycles, and you've brought your close family into the discussion?

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

I made it up

Seeing as everyone else was making shit up thought I'd do the same.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Haha hahaha Nostro you know exactly what my point is ..... the analogy was to get exactly that reaction from you.

Seriously tho' 1 percent IS a large gap in terms of the modern technology - see my below post.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

thinlizzie (spindizzy)

Another faceless wonder with a hidden profile - step forward and identify yourself young man.

quote  ''Strange, having no information or nothing interesting to say has never stopped you Saturn!?'' 

Spurious and contrived information is as worthless as no information my friend.  And just as an aside what information exactly did your post contain ?

Don't worry about Nostro he is more than capable of looking after himself.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

CRT on a podium.

Interestingly a CRT bike has been on the podium before, it's just at the time there wasn't a name for it; KRJr on the KRV211 back in '06 at Estoril :sunglasses:

Also, during the early years of MotoGP, the R1 engined WCM Blata, which was ridden by Jamezzzz Ellison, was apparently a beast through the turns on the Dunlops and only lost it on the straights. This is according to Edwards whilst they were at the Sachsenring in '05.

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Potential Podiums??

I just hope Laverty can complete a quick learning curve and compete regularly for CRT podiums!

Sorry neilf, are you sure about the R1 engined WCM? Not wanting to cause another argument and I might be wrong but I seem to remember the WCM Blata in '05 being a V6?

I remember thinking although it wasn't great watching our James Ellison lapping slightly behind most others at Donington, it was certainly the most astounding sound, and a treat to hear it without being drowned out by those awful sounding Ducatis?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices