Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

Michael Laverty reckons of the biggest surprises he got during an impressive MotoGP debut in Malaysia last week was the speed difference between factory prototype machinery like Honda’s RC213V and the production-based CRT bikes. The Irish rider produced one of the most impressive performances of last week’s Sepang showdown when he set the 15th best time and finished third best CRT...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 February 2013 11:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

"I sensed when a prototype bike was coming up on me and they know they can blow by me on the straight. So nobody was disrespectful and picked me up just to get me out of the way.” Good thing you joined in 2013. In 2012 you would have been punched and waved at on a slowdown lap (not in private of course, as he'd have had nowhere to hide)and moaned about for weeks afterwards by a rider is no longer competing. Great job Michael! First outing and you did great! Would love to hear how different the CRT bike was from a prepped-up BSB bike? Someone ask the guy! Good luck in 2013, some of us will be cheering for you!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Obviously you're a eunuch 1050cc

with no testosterone pumping through you're veins. If you did you'd probably get extremely angry with a rider endangering your life pootling on the racing line as you have the hammer down with a closing speed greater than 100kmph. Stoner got real angry because he has very big nads. Dozy old RdeP apologised profusely for his indiscretion.

It must be a Triple Trumpie thing, There's another ball-less wonder lurking on here who's a sandwich or two short of the full picnic.

The speed differential is manifest. It's the bikes, the electronics and least of all not the riders who in the most part earnt their prototype rides and are perhaps a bit quicker on the throttle than the CRT riders.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

riders

The question of how much difference the rider makes still needs to be answered. Some of the CRT's are starting to breathe down the neck of one manufacturer. Starting to think any of the Ducati boys could match or better their time on an ART compared to their factory prototype. Especially on a shorter twistier track.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The Wrath of Cahn Nostro..

The slightest little veiled comment is met with vein bulging vitriol from a few orange steam blowers here, take no notice 1050.

They seem to forget Stoner had form..with a long list of riders pissed at his tantrums over a lengthy period of time.

Laverty is a no fk about type of guy and just wouldn't of stood for that shit. Plain & simple..he'd have sat him on his arse.

Not difficult at a guess..

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Nostrodamus, I read here occasionally but rarely post, but on the very rare occasion I do, you can be sure that any hint of someone having a go at Casey Stoner, or the faintest praise of Valentino Rossi, you'll be there to spew your articulate venom on the poster. Fuck off mate, just cos you got banned from ALL the intelligent MotoGP sites for being a knobend means nothing here. Good luck Michael Laverty, my family thinks you're a great rider. Good luck in 2013!

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Wow

what could be an interesting debate decends into flame war within 4 posts. new record guys. well done!

And please someone ask Mr laverty what an ART is like compared to a superbike! i'd like to know the answer and not really bothered if Rossi or Stoner would have been the quickest on them.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Quite right Diablere..apologies.

260 bhp vs what?..210. 10 -15 mph difference at Sepang..but it's the way the prototypes get there that's the difference.

QP at a dry Sepang last year..Rossi did a 2:01.7" in 11th. Espargaro in 12th did 2:02.8"

1.1 secs between them..but in sector 4 & 1 - on the drag strip stop start staraights - Rossi took nearly a second out of him.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

id rather be

On a CRT than on a ducati...they handle better, and when they are battling together( I expect that a lot this year judging from the ducatis performance and the riders they employ) the CRT guys are going for the "crt win" wheras the ducati boys are fighting for dead last in the prototype class. It would not surprise me in the lesst if the CRT boys take a few ducati "scalps" this year. Look for laverty to pass all the ducatis except for hayden

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Of course it goes without saying id rather race ANY motorcycle for a living than not....

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i agree

in fact it would be interesting to know if a ducati engine in a crt frame would go any better! is it next year that CRT teams can get engines off the big guys?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices