Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty shocked at prototype/CRT speed gap

Michael Laverty reckons of the biggest surprises he got during an impressive MotoGP debut in Malaysia last week was the speed difference between factory prototype machinery like Honda’s RC213V and the production-based CRT bikes. The Irish rider produced one of the most impressive performances of last week’s Sepang showdown when he set the 15th best time and finished third best CRT...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 February 2013 11:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Roll up roll up..

Hi Wosihound, I've joined your league so here's to the best team winning!

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

wosi and saturn

I joined too wosi...at least it was pending. Hopefully im on the team now! Just to provide a canadian perspective eh! Saturn...yes that is newish toy. I sold yhe vfr...roads are too straight in southetn ontario for proper fun. My new love is a1985 honda xl 250r. Its superfun....dual carbs hemi- spherical head( rfvc) with 2into 1 exhaust, all in a single lung package. The roads here have very little personality compared to blighty and europe, we are blessed with an almost infinite number of trails and lots of woods. This bike is street legal, so i can ride it to the trails and home again. I still do want a 2002-3 rc51 though. Cheers lads!

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

oh yeah hayden

Yup...one of the "nicest" guys in moto gp. Never complains or talks bad or makes excuses. I think hes the only world champ in history to get virtually no recognition for it...i mean 07 even the announcers were referring to casey taking rossis crown. Casey took haydens crown in 07 not rossis, but youd never know it by the way the WChamp got zero recognition for it. Anyways ducati should be lucky to have him yet they string him along and give him very little say even though he works his ass off and never complains. Id like to see him at yamaha, but your probably right....he may end up spiralling down the crt route...id rather ride a crt than ducati though...at least you can fight for a "win" instesd of dead last in the prototype class

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Forgive me for being to stupi to post a direct link to this. But there is a Crt bike under construction by an American team wich it will run at the American rounds of MotoGp. It's a Kawasaki ZX10R engine with an R1 like crankshaft. In the video they run it on the Dyno and it sounds sweet, plus the shifting up and down without clutch is amazing, as is the throttle response. Some effort on Google and you should find it. Crt still sucks, but these guys are tryin.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

vfr750

looks like you use your traillie solo ?   I wouldn't get away with that my mrs would insist on coming with me.

Happy trailing and good luck with the fantasy team.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Carlos

I think you'll find that Blake Young will ride it as a wild card in America.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Saturn, i know it's in the video. Jus't thought people should watch the video. Attack Performance motoGp CRT Dyno test run. Man that thing sounds so sweet.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

your not wrong wossi

It cost Kawasaki $46,000,00 usd to develop the 2009 zx-rr and only $26, 000 000 to pull out of the championship. The factories stangle hold is ruining the sport. BSB cost about £750 00 to £1.25 milloin to go race and be competative, and I know the bikes in moto gp are rolling r&d prototypes but $46 million! New rules are needed so the heath and robinson racers can make a bike a go racing. If you want a honda factory engine then by god sell to some lunatic in his shed and give a bit of support. At the end of the day we all want good racing from more than the usual train at the front of the pack. Prehaps we should make them roll around on RD 350's to see who gets the best bike for the actual race, that would be good viewing, but something has to be done or its just turning into two wheeled formula(yawn) 1.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Just a thought !

Heres a thought ! Maybe,just maybe large corperations such as Honda & Yamaha dont want Moto GP to be cheep because this allows them to dominate it with theyre factory bikes by throwing large amounts of money at it.This allows them to have the best bikes & riders will others cannot afford to build the best bikes or have the best riders money can buy.Just a thought !

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

CRT rules

The CRT rules means that if one of the CRT teams develop their bike to be competitive ANY of the manufacturers can just buy the engine off that team for $20,000 and scupper the chances of that CRT team (irrespective of how much time and effort the CRT team spent to be competitive. This simply means CRT bikes will NEVER be competitive against the team bikes and the rules were specifically set up to make that the situation

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices