Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Protecting your bike with All Year Biker General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: Protecting your bike with All Year Biker

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Protecting your bike with All Year Biker

All Year Biker is a set-up that uses franchised operators across the much of the UK. The work consists of a complete clean of the bike using an array of bike-specific Halo cleaning amd degreasing products which then allows the magic ACF50 anti-corrosion protector to be applied. All Year Biekr are all over the country and can sort your bike for a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 February 2013 17:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

They degreased the bike as even BRAND NEW bikes have a greasy layer on certain areas. Also, it show's what is done during the process.

Bloody sausage fingers...

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

Just an infomercial

You're better off avoiding a pressure washer unless you're really careful & use it sparingly - in which case you might as well do it all by hand. I re-apply ACF50 every 4 weeks or so in winter after a thorough clean. If you want to avoid any tarnishing at all, you need to rinse down the bike with clean water after every ride when they've put grit or salt down. I don't think one application of ACF50 will last a whole winter if you ride most days, let alone a year. This service is probably fine if the operator takes the time to be careful with your bike. It's really only relevant for lazy folk who can't be bothered to do clean & care for their bike themselves. Anyway, I guess if you can afford an MTS1200, you can afford a £60 valet clean every couple of months.

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Another vote for ACF-50! Did 32,000 miles in 2.5 years in all weathers on a Triumph Tiger 955i a few years ago. Apply it once and forget about washing your bike until you need to. Bike didn't have a spot of corrosion on it (apart from the brake disks, didn't use it on there). Recommend it highly...

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

eatcs01

Maybe the people below haven't pressure washed their bikes because it's completely unnecessary for a road bike & not worth the risk.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

ACF 50 is my friend, absolutely love it. SDOC 100 gel and a low pressure hose are enough to get most crud off; I wouldn't trust anyone else with my bikes, plus I get to see any potential problems whcih may be starting by getting into all the little nooks and crannies. Perhaps I'm sad, but cleaning my bikes is part and parcel of the overall package and yes - I enjoy it. I'm the same with my car, if I do it, I know it's done how I want it. (Sorry for using the C word - I shall immediately go and flagellate myself as penance).

Oh, by the way, these little steamer thingys are really good at shifting chain lube. I'd better stop now, hadn't I ? 

Reply to this Topic
Bivi11

Feb 13

Bivi11 says:

ACF 50

Had both of our bikes ACF,d by All Year Biker. Very impressed with the whole service. That said however, I managed to reproduce the whole thing using Rock oil soluble degreaser a radiator brush (bent paint brush) and some TFR (Traffic Film Remover). Degreased the bike a treat. I then sprayed the whole thing (minus the brakes, seat and panels) using a paint gun and compressor ramped up to 99 psi. Once the gun was fiddled with a bit, it atomised the ACF 50 as well as the All year Biker chaps set up. Wiped the bike over and it looks a treat. Draped a decorators plastic sheet over it to trap the atomised spray. So a great idea if you can't be ar@ed, but definitely a DIY job if want to have a go yourself.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices