Skip to content

Discuss This We're Going to the MCN London Motorcycle Show - Are You? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > We're Going to the MCN London Motorcycle Show - Are You?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

We're Going to the MCN London Motorcycle Show - Are You?

John McGuinness, Tommy Hill, Chris Walker, and Dougie Lampkin are just some of the stars attending this weekend's MCN London Motorcycle Show! Are you joining them? www.mcnmotorcycleshow.com

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 February 2013 17:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Why no Suzuki stand?, I was going as I was looking at buying a new gsr750 , as I can't be arsed to go to a dealer without be Ing badgered into buying a bike,,so ill give it a miss thanks

Reply to this Topic
rizla1962

Jan 09

rizla1962 says:

MCN MotorcyclrmShow

I've been!!!! The professionals put on a great show. It was just a shame the layout was so bad. Standing in a 4 deep crowd meant i had to watch everything on screen. Go back to the seated arena. James Whitham is brilliant and plays to the crowds really well. He, John Mc and Nial Hodgson were always staying around to sign things and talk to us mortals. The show was good but the no show by Suzuki was very noticable. The biggest crowds were around HD, Ducatti and Triumph. I go to NEC and Excel every year. Nec is always better but Excel did well this. Parking for bikes is always good and free. I've been going to this show every year and will be going again next year!!! 7 out of 10.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

MCN Motorcycle Show

Without doubt the worst I ever have been to. The perimeter stands reminded me of a Sunday car boot.

The arena viewing was impossible unless you were prepared to get to the front 30mins or so before it started and the noise made it impossible to talk to reps on the nearby stands.

Understand stands were stiil available two weeks or so before the show.

Unless they change the concept, cannot see it lasting. Many outside in the eating area were of the same opinion

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Day Out

It was not very big for the price ?

but we had a good day and i got some good deals , better deals than at the NEC actually , got £40 off a set of tyres and £50 of a can for my bike and £10 off a WSB ticket for the WSB at Donnington also £5 off some pannier liners and some discounted accessories for my heated jackets so i enjoyed it and i met some mates we had not seen over the winter

it was Packed so some people find it ok

But i still liked it when it was at the ally pally better as that was a better atmo

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Day Out

It was not very big for the price ?

but we had a good day and i got some good deals , better deals than at the NEC actually , got £40 off a set of tyres and £50 of a can for my bike and £10 off a WSB ticket for the WSB at Donnington also £5 off some pannier liners and some discounted accessories for my heated jackets so i enjoyed it and i met some mates we had not seen over the winter

it was Packed so some people find it ok

But i still liked it when it was at the ally pally better as that was a better atmo

Reply to this Topic
shavster

Dec 09

shavster says:

Excel show

Having the revolution show in the main hall took up far to much floor space,as well as no seating made it difficult to  see what was going on.Doing the same races over and over again made the show a bit boring it needs to mix it up abit.With the show down from four days to only three,less stands and smaller area will it still be here next year? I some how doubt it.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

+1 to Shavster

Ducati stand was packed. Kwak only really had ZX6s and Z800s. Harley roped everything off (even stuff you could sit on last year), Victory didn't bring a highball or hardball (but did have a Mustang pace car - nice, very nice, but why is it at a bikeshow? it wasn't a prize). The custom show and Zodiac stand were good; but if you went for that you'd be better off going to the Ally Pally show.

Honda only had 1 CB11 (and 1 CRF250) and nothing else that anyone seemed to be paying any attention to. Yamaha tried to wow the world with a grey FJ (at least the Streetglide on the Harley stand was an unpalatable yellow). Guzzi had one California and a couple of V7s if you went looking. Aprilia were a blink and you'd miss it.

Thank goodness for BMW, Triumph and (to a lesser extent) KTM. But £20 for an hour's browse and a live show you can't see? Joy......

Reply to this Topic
Rotherider

Dec 12

Rotherider says:

£20 up

I hereby declare that I saved myself 20 quid and an expensive train fare by not going to the show as it sounds like I didn't miss much at all.  Bargain!

Reply to this Topic
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

London Show

This was my first MCN show, and i have to say, I had a fantastic time. Met Nick Sanders, Craig Bounds(broken neck & all), the Revolution show was great(watching John McGuinness fall off a ramp in front of me)a brilliant day out for me & the Mrs. Will definately be attending next year.

Reply to this Topic
Arlow666

Feb 09

Arlow666 says:

MCN Bike show complete Sh*te

What a waste of time, couldn't get the DLR to the venue had to get a bus because of work on the line, £20.00 to get in (expensive) to find it (compared to years gone by) sparsely attended by any companies worth of note...Where was HARRIS Performance, apparently they were on stand C250 which was right bang in the middle of the custom bike area, they werent there, Demon Tweaks tiny stand with nothing on....No Pyramid Plastics, No Skidmarks no nothing just a load of show /Custom bikes for people to look at and judge which one is the best even the stands that were there agreed that it all seemed a bit half arsed....I WONT BE GOING AGAIN

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices