You are in... Forums > General > General > OWEEE

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

OWEEE

Had an urgent doctor's appointment today (two actually). Booked a taxi for the second with loads of time to spare. Taxi didn't show in time (none in the area). Rushed to get on bike despite snow as frankly I needed to see doctor.

That the first thing I saw was a fucking taxi from the same company is irrelevant. What I didn't see was a speed bump. Hit the edge of it as it was covered in snowy slushy stuff and off I come.

So that's me fucked for a week.

Handlebars are wonky - no problem you might think. It is when the last BMW guy to get at them tightened the nuts so tight that it's mangled the vibration damping rubber underneath. When you try to take the bike apart so you can get a better angle on the nut and use a ring spanner so you reduce the risk of rounding it off you find you can get only so far before the shape and sizes used on screws, etc are totally fucking weird. It's like they either switch between imperial and metric or just make up a non standard size to stop you servicing yourself.

And I also noticed that during my £700 service at BMW they forgot to put enough (or perhaps any) coolant in as the tank was bone dry (it has min and max marks on it). Lucky it's winter, eh?

So after some kicking, some wonkifying of other bits to compensate and some beer I may have a rideable bike.

I HATE speed bumps, I HATE BMW and I HATE fucking everyone who drove on past without even winding down a window and asking if I was okay.

Luckily the lady behind got out of her car (when I walked up and asked her) and helped me get the damn thing upright.

I saw the speed bump but didn't register it or consider it an issue. What a moronic c**t I am.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 February 2013 19:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Nope

it's respiratory depression due to opiates and beer.

Silly boy that I am.

Personally, I think that mixing beer and stuff stronger than morphine is stupid.

Personally, I think I'm an idiot.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Oooh

reckon I can sue? Frankly it's just the inverse of a pothole....

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Oh phil

my dodgy pump is due to previous life style and hereditary genes, we must have been seriously bad in a previous life:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

So

is that dilated cardiomyopathy?

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Glad it wasn't worse, Phil.

That dealer sounds pretty useless. I would never go back if it was my bike they were messing up.Luckily I have a brilliant Triumph dealer tp pander to my every whim, and they even pretend they're pleased to see me when I call in.

Can only sympathise with you, knowing what you're going to feel like, tomrrow and hope you feel a bit more comfortable soon.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Thanks

I'm hoping my TENS machine will work the miracles I know it won't :lol:.

I'm very, very tempted by the new Street Triple. ABS on that bike just makes it perfect with its lovely torque spread and just the right amount of power. I just wish there were more dealers in Leeds as all the bikes I'm interested in I have to travel for dealers. Grrrrrrrr.... WOOF!

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Speedbumps

Ain't they just wonderful?   They ground low sports cars, make a large inconvenience for small cars, but some facker in a SUV can blast over it without reducing speed at all.

They can prove bloody dangerous on a bike too, as Phil here has ably demonstrated.  

These things are simply not thought through.  We've got one on each side of the road on a bend near me, with the other side of the road blocked in each case, and maybe 50 yards between them.  

The trouble is,  the geniuses in our council's road department has put them on the wrong sides of the road - so in both directions, you're coming blind directly at the other vehicle.

Picture this:   Going around a sharpish left-hander, with walls/ trees etc. obscuring the view very far.   But you have to go to the right hand side of the road to go through the first gap, then swing to the left side to go through the second.  Both has a speed bump on it too, so even if you see something coming, you can't get out of the way very fast.

WTF is the matter with these people??

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

SlowLearner,

I know a couple of villages where the same thing happens. The "traffic-calming" chicane is on the crest of a hill so you don't see oncoming traffic until you're commited to entering the chicane and nearing a head-on collision.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

"ably demonstrated"

Ha! I demonstrated it well! They also stop police patrols going down those roads and fire engines have to avoid them as going over them too fast can slosh the water around and buckle the chassis.

And yes today I'm hurting ever so slightly.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices