You are in... Forums > General > General > too many fingers in our pies

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

too many fingers in our pies

I rarely, hardly ever eat pies and never prepared stuff like lasagne  --- thank Christ ! tip of the iceberg ? :shock: how long before it's found that 'bush meat' has been slipped into the european food chain ? has primate meat ever slipped through ? how would you feel if you found out you had eaten something that contained meat from our closest genetic relative ? chimpanzee maybe, gorrilla even ? it's a laugh a minute isn't it ? or is it ???

We've now got to place our faith in our local Spanish butcher we don't trust the supermarkets right now.

http://news.uk.msn.com/socialvoices/what-next-primates-in-your-pie-don%e2%80%99t-be-surprised 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 February 2013 17:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Bad news Vulc

My brother worked in a meat products factory in the South east over twenty years ago. He routinely found meats in the 1 ton frozen blocks they received not normally associated with the human food chain. He personally found and identified both zebra and kangaroo, this is the early eighties, before kangaroo was found in the exotic meats section. What surprises me is that routine testing of incoming meat was not continued, presumably in the name of profit since it costs to test

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

It's a government conspiracy

to get us used to the idea of eating horse meat.

They'll bring in routine testing for meat not fit for human consumption, tell us that it's OK to eat, bring in full traceability as with beef and pork etc. We'll become used to the idea and end up with horse meat as part of our normal diet. I've eaten it abroad and found it to be OK, so I wouldn't have a problem as long as it was fit for consumption and could be fully traceable.

Another thing. What are we gonna call the meat from horses?

We have pork from pigs and beef from cattle. Is poor old Dobbin gonna get lumped in (excuse that) with chicken and lamb and not have it's own name.

Ah, I've solved it - Dobbin.:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Bad news mostly

but no surprises, the up side may be that 'bush meat' won't have pain killers like bute in it or any animal related antibiotics that are  harmeful to humans. My ex sister in law worked for Bowyers in Plymouth famous for their pork pies, she told us that some of the blocks of meat were unidentifiable and looked like they'd been dragged through the streets for a week, boil it mince it put it in was the order of the day :wacko: A mates wife in the RAF worked for Ginsters in Cornwall and told similar tales, she wouldn't eat any of the products.

Whatever the pro's and con's for horse meat may be the uneasy feeling of what else has been slipped into the food chain that may be less appetising than horse meat is there now.

Veggieburger anyone :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ginsters...

I had a mate with a stutter who lived in plymouth,  e, aw, e aw, e aw, e aw ways ate Ginsters....:upset:

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Meat with no name

Lamb. Rabbit. Squirrel. Snails. Horse.

All damn tasty too.

I'm just surprised that processed ready meals had meat in them. I thought they were all Lips & Arseholes.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Lips

noses eyeballs and assholes all go into ---- Ginsters :upset:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

bacon

I have a mate (neighbour) in Spain who owned a bacon/ham prep factory in Stockport. The things he told me they did to that bacon and ham's you wouldn't believe. I don't eat bacon much nowaday's.

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

bacon

I have a mate (neighbour) in Spain who owned a bacon/ham prep factory in Stockport. The things he told me they did to that bacon and ham's you wouldn't believe. I don't eat bacon much nowaday's.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

well

it doesn't bother me in the slightest,if it tastes ok,that'll do :smile

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Don't temp......

....the buggers, or we will have fingers in our pies and food next.

Anyone gone missing lately? check the food chain.:wink::wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle