You are in... Forums > General > General > too many fingers in our pies

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

too many fingers in our pies

I rarely, hardly ever eat pies and never prepared stuff like lasagne  --- thank Christ ! tip of the iceberg ? :shock: how long before it's found that 'bush meat' has been slipped into the european food chain ? has primate meat ever slipped through ? how would you feel if you found out you had eaten something that contained meat from our closest genetic relative ? chimpanzee maybe, gorrilla even ? it's a laugh a minute isn't it ? or is it ???

We've now got to place our faith in our local Spanish butcher we don't trust the supermarkets right now.

http://news.uk.msn.com/socialvoices/what-next-primates-in-your-pie-don%e2%80%99t-be-surprised 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 February 2013 17:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

I have no snags

with horse meat, we ate it in Germany and Holland but where the snags can occur is with criminals without scruples buying up any old meat and flogging it to the likes of Findus who in turn fail/turn a blind eye re checking their sources and the meat's provenence. I feel there's more to come on this fraud.

The question remains unanswered though, how would you feel if you found out you had eaten something that contained meat from our closest genetic relative ? ie: chimpanzee or gorrilla ? Myself I'd feel quite ill and repulsed and I think it's more than a possibility. :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

don't

fancy eating  relative, even quite distant

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

eating relatives??

I was a twin, but it was only me who arrived so either the docs got it wrong (could of been as I was a 9llber) or I ate mine:shock:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

like peter cook

then? I was an only twin.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

I don't really get

why everyone is so bothered.

For year wine has been clarified with ground bones.

Haribos and boiled pig tendons with fruit juice.

Red apples are covered in shalack - a wax made from crushed beatles.

"Pink slime" is technically 100%beef and so doesn't have to be listed as an ingredient in burgers. Google it if you wanna know what the non-horse parts are.

Me, I couldn't really care too much if there were bits of my neighbours in the hot dogs; all just atoms at the end of the day.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

per

sactly mostly:smile

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

I've knowingly eaten horse meat

I've no problem with eating it again so long as it's clean and free of harmfull drugs. What I do have a problem with and everyone should have is this, if food producers lie about horse meat being passed off as beef what else have they lied about or done ? The food industry needs to clean house and regain public trust.

Now then Anichol ! haribo's ! --- I still have total control of the Costa Blanca franchise and no piggies in ours OK :wink: there's everything else but no piggy. Our local producer is now including a calming agent to the sweeties, one packet and off the chavs go to sleepy bi lo's then they're swept up, dumped at sea never to contaminate our pools again life is sweet and chavs are gone. :wink::wink:

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Vulc

out of curiosity (if not a trade secret) where d'you get the geletine from then?

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Work it out

about 50% of Spanish horse stocks have gone into the food chain recently :wink:

It is after all ---- all equestrian of choice :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale