Skip to content

Ask an Expert Portsmouth to Bilao ferry Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Portsmouth to Bilao ferry

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Whiskeyjack

Oct 07

Whiskeyjack says:

Portsmouth to Bilao ferry

Traveling on 23rd June.Never used the ferry ,always used the Euro tunnel.
And wondering about the securing of the bike..?? Do they do it for you or do you do it for your self...????
And, what we all worry about,is it secured without damage to the bike/fairing etc...????

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 February 2013 18:54)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Ferry

I have done that crossing loads of times - don't worry about it.  They secure it usually while you are still there getting your gear off / organised so you can see what they are doing.  The rope / or strap is placed accross your seat and an old pillow or similar is used to protect the bike.  

One tip - the cabins on the ship are small so don't take all your gear and luggage with you.  Pack your luggage in such a way that you have some overnite gear (a set of clothes and your toothbrush) in a small bag that you can take with you and leave the rest of your stuff on the bike.  This also saves you lugging all your riding gear and luggage from the bike to and from your cabin. 

I'll be outbound on July 24th - can't wait!  :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

ferries

If it were me, I'd bung 2 or 3 ratchet straps in my luggage anyway. They take up no room at all, and are very useful too.

Reply to this Topic
Badger57

Dec 08

Badger57 says:

Ferry

Yeah Marcus is right, just take a small bag for the cabin, all your gear on the bike will be safe, and the ships crew couldnt be more helpful and thats on all the ferrys ive been on

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices