You are in... Forums > General > General > ROAD TAX UP

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

ROAD TAX UP

a couple of quid again,renewal now £76.:shock:Yes more :shock: to our shock absorbers with our crap road surfaces.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 February 2013 00:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Yep Jaffa...

....Just did mine to, After a mess up with insurance system, i got there in the end.

£76 for another year and i did all the work myself??

I re-insured with Swinton ready for 1st Feb, My tax was up on the 1st also. On the 2nd of Feb i went to tax the bike online but was told there is no insurance for this bike. So i checked the MIB database and nothing, so i contacted Swinton and told them. They told me it may take a few days to get recorded on the MIB database, so a few days later i tried again, nothing no insurance recirded against my bike. So i contacted Swinton again, they then sent me a duplicate copy of my insurance papers and themn a few days after this just by magic i was on the MIB database and managed to get myself taxed.

My whole point for posting this is: What happens if you are pulled by the Police because their system (which is MIB) is showing that you have no insurance?

The reason stated by Swinton was their system only holds one policy per bike at any one time, so renewals don't show up??:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Ouch!

I've been missing having two bikes, but I'm glad I don't have to pay twice this year.

The car only costs £30 a year. Seems such a big difference in price. It's a secret fun tax I reckon.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle