Skip to content

Discuss This Silverstone switches paddock for British MotoGP round MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Silverstone switches paddock for British MotoGP round

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Silverstone switches paddock for British MotoGP round

Silverstone’s multi-million pound The Wing pit and paddock complex will not be used for this year’s British MotoGP round in early September. After consulting with MotoGP management and taking on board feedback from fans, Silverstone has decided to move MotoGP back to the National Paddock. In a statement released by the Northamptonshire track, it said bike racing fans preferred to get closer...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 February 2013 12:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i assume that Silverstone will be providing extra grandstand seating at the new old new old starting line compared to the last couple of seasons?

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Too far

Most viewing areas at Silverstone are just too far away to enjoy bikes.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Dont give a stuf about MGp

Get the WorldSupers back to Brands Hatch NOW !

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

brands

the dam pits at brands are in the wrong place  inside the bottom straight would be ideal.with the start finish on the bottom straight agree with having world superbikes back at brands.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

I had been to every british 500/motogp race since 1983 but when it moved back to silverstone i attended the first one, but haven't been back since and don't think i will,

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

eddl

You're so right mate...I too haven't missed a Brit GP since Freddie did the double at Silverstone.I used to get pissed off with Donnington,but in hindsight, boy do I miss seeing the MotoGp boys fly down Craner curves.I visited Silverstone a  few years ago for the GP,but never again,the place is completely souless.

Reply to this Topic
bopster

Aug 08

bopster says:

I used to go to Donnington which was a disgrace that exploited the so called atmosphere by neglecting the facilities and access problems for years. I have been to every Gp at Silverstone since the move and it has been getting better every year. They have been making a visible effort to improve things for the fans. I think it is a fantastic track with first class facilities, but this is an embarrassing backwards step. Moving the pits back to the "old" part of the track just because people couldn't be bothered to walk (or use the FREE bus) to the new part is a shame. Fans were just starting to know their way about and "claim" areas they liked helping create the so called missing atmosphere. Back to square one. Shame.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

i feel at this point in my life very lucky, to have been part of the biggest paying crowd in 2 wheel sporting history in the uk and watched a determined carl fogarty race in blistering heat and an army of fans including myself cheered him on, i was also lucky to have seen in person one noriuki haga on an r7, moto gp since tyhen has never one caught my attention no where near as much and definitly never the same excitment, unless we have a british winner very soon i fear the support will be even less because without the right bike it aint gonna happen imo.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Yawn

Paddock smaddock, at least it changes the character of the track back to how Silverstone should be. I'm far more interested in knowing more about the 90 degree V4 HRC have been using since the beginning of last year, come on MCN a technical report please.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Parkway70

I totally agree buddy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle