Skip to content

Ask an Expert had accident today, not going to be easy Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > had accident today, not going to be easy

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

had accident today, not going to be easy

Just went into the back of a car today, i had been filtering earlier back but i was in the left lane, woman in a car was in the righthand lane(of 2) but stopped because person in front was now turning, she put her signal on and turned at the same time into my lane to continue on so I had no time to react and wacked the brakes on but couldn't stop in time and went into her, unfortunately I did have witness details but in all the events and hitting a car I've lost them, no police or anything nobody stopped except 2 guys, one seemed anti-biker and didn't give me his details says he'd rather be a witness against me while walking off(must have been somebody i filtered past) and the other I've lost his details as said, am I screwed here in terms of a quick outcome? I've got a full licence no points, but last year I was hit by a bus which took forever to sort and that was with obvious guilt(on the bus drivers side) I can just see a nightmare of years of back and forth with this...and all she has is a few scratches on a bumper, meanhile I've got a smashed front end....

I will DEFINTIELY be dragging this untill I win...I am not accepting even 1% liability for her pulling out on me...so yea I'm doomed for years of this arn't I lol...

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 February 2013 19:06)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

witness

You really need a witness or your ins com getting a true statement from the other drivers ins com.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Sorry mate...

I'm afraid Jaffa's right.   Particularly since ins. co.'s tend to assume that if you go into the back of something, it's your fault regardless of how it happened.

Hate to say it, but you might just have to suck this one up.

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

no way im sucking this one up, also went back and found the paper so at least 1 level headed witness :)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

witness

That`s good news,if the vehicle in front decides to signal/turn right you must stay behind that vehicle if your not safe/sure about changing to the inside/any lane.  

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Yea that's what I'm hoping since i was in that lane first, if I can prove she came into it then I had right of way didn't I? I never made any suggestion to her in any way that it was ok to come into my lane, i mean I see it all the time, cars that incidate and manouvre at the exact same time, not really an indication is it, more like 'this is what im doing if you like it or not' when we impacted she still wasn't full in the lane which shows how little time I even had to react

times like this I wish I could afford a gopro or something lol...i took an initial look can't see any outside cctv cameras but we'll see, im just hoping this doesn't drag out, shouldn't matter i was filtering further back...i was fully in that lane and doing my own thing long before she hit me, if she had checked her mirrors she would've seen a vehicle coming...(me)

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Witness goood

I get this a lot and often its mere inches or less. I give em a tap on the mirrors and point to my eyes if I can but they're oblivious to what they've just done. One woman even had a rather long rant at me about how she's a very safe driver. Er, Yeh right. Do not pass go. You are an ignorant bitch. 

Sue that thing for all its insurance Co. Is worth. 

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

brmoore

contact www.bikelawyer for advice, costs nothing they are a good bunch.

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

yea ive seen bike lawyer on here, he seems keen but i have been through all this before, i was hit by a bus last year, took 6months even with obvious fault so not looking forward to all this but yea i know its my right to choose repair assesor(will be honda again, my bike is a honda), and repairs(honda again) and lawyer etc...

this lady better be in it for the long haul!

I'm with MCE and they recently forced protected no claims bonus on saying they offer it with all policy's so that's a plus...not claimed with them before though but they're out of hours they're gonna call me back monday i think, if anyone has delt with MCE before let me know if you have any tips or know anything they're gonna try on...i had a fight with my last company just to get a suitable hire bike(eventually got a GSXR750 hire bike to replace an 04 600RR, I've now got an 08 600RR so I'm gonna push for at least a 600 sportbike)

Reply to this Topic
jenros

Jun 10

jenros says:

accident today

hi mate,just glad to hear your ok!!,,,,take some advise from the previous post and contact andrew from bike lawyer,,,,,this sounds a bit complicated and i think your going to need a lot of expert advise on this one and they are the guys to speak to and its not going to cost you anything to just ask advise!!,,,all the best mate,as i said glad your ok,,,,hope you get sorted out very soon!,cheers Jenros:smile

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

yea ive already contacted them to come have a look

Edit: They're not confident, I think they assumed I was hiring them personally I was wanting them to act instead of my insurers lawyers so they'd be paid by my insurer but I'd rather not be represented by somebody not wanting to fight my side 100% so if they're unsure i'd rather not use bike lawyer, dissapointing but oh well. My insurer seems to side with me in not being liable and seem keen so far so we'll see.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices