You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > can any tell me whats wrong

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

noejr

Feb 13

noejr says:

can any tell me whats wrong

I have a zzr600 an 08 model. It was blown oil on the ground one day I was riding. I tried to crank it and it was backfired once then gas started to come out of my muffler and my looking glass on my crank box is full. What do I need to do to repair it. If you can help me I will be thankful.  Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 February 2013 03:46)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

noejr

What is color of looking glass when you look in?

You drain the sump of what it is full of and tell us what you find?

What is drained, what does it smell of?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Wrong

Also check where you top up the coolant for coolant/container colour and smell.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Kawasaki ZZR 600 2008

Hi Noejr and welcome to the site:smile

Sounds like you have a carburetor float stuck or float valve needle not shutting off the fuel(probably due to dirt,debris in the fuel tank,now making its way to the carb float bowls)Drain all the carb float bowls into a clean container,if full of rust dirt water debris you will need to drain and clean the fuel tank(if very rusty you may need to replace the tank or repair and fit the tank with one of the new fuel tank liners which is resistant to ethanol).If your lucky this could just be a float stuck,but there's usually a reason for this to happen.You will need to change the (std) fuel filter for a new one,and blow all the fuel lines out,and clean the fuel tap out,as if rust is present this will damage the rubber seals in the fuel tap.You will need to drain the oil and replace with fresh when the repair has been achieved,and fit a new oil filter.Also to prevent a fire it would probably be a good idea to remove the spark plugs remove the exhaust muffler and with the fuel turned off,or the fuel pump disconnected turn the engine over on the starter motor for about thirty seconds or more to dry everything out.If the muffler is full of fuel you will need to put it somewhere dry and warn to allow the fuel to evaporate out of the absorbent packing(its OK for me,i can just put it outside in the sun for ten minutes 38-40c in days at the moment:smile) keep away from naked flames until dry.You may need to replace the spark plug or plugs that have been soaked as often they never work properly again,and will cause starting problems in the future.Hope this helps,Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:    

Reply to this Topic
noejr

Feb 13

noejr says:

hi

Its a dark milky color. My radar fluid is full. I have a leak in between muffler and the exhaust  pipe and when I tried to cranked it it back fired and fuel was pouring out of the seal of my muffler. I looked like gas mixed with oil but almost clear.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

noejr

Hi again, follow the advice that KCMC has given you.

Reply to this Topic
noejr

Feb 13

noejr says:

hi

Ok I will. Thanks guys! :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN