You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Dispensing a rant

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Dispensing a rant

Grrr.... fucking Kiwi Parade Gloss is NOT FUCKING POLISH. I've been polishing / bulling boots for god knows how fucking long. Half a tin of this shite later and my boots are as dull as a Eurocrat speech on the standardisation of tractor seats.

One layer, ONE of the normal stuff and it works a treat.

Parade Gloss my arse. If you went out on parade like that you'd be shot in front of the masses.

/Rant.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 February 2013 14:56)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Reynard

Oct 10

Reynard says:

Your

best bet is to put a heavy layer of polish on the toe caps then heat up a teaspoon and rub it on said toecaps, then try bulling it, worked for me when l was a cadet:smile

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Go walk in a muudy claggy field....

leave boots in a warmish place to dry on so it soaks up the oil out of the leather, clean off the dried crud.

Then polish as Reynard says.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

OR...

Tell who ever is on parade to shove it up their ass. :smile

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

lol!

Vulcan, got meself some bog standard kiwi like I've always used - bit of spit and polish and it was a decent bog standard shine instantly. Half a tin of that parade gloss shite and like 3 hours wasted. Used to take me about half an hour per boot to get a decent, reflective shine. Never ever got a bulling job I was happy with. Thinking I might try a squirt of rubbing alcohol or aftershave and see how that works.

I went through a phase of cheating - somehow no one noticed that it cracked and flaked off like a right bastard. It takes just as bloody long as an honest shine as well. That was until, just as I feared, through came the door came a big fat hermaphrodite with a big flock of seagulls haircut and only one nostril. I hate it when I'm right. Happens to everyone who uses paint eventually.

Sikpunz - I've got a pair just like that. EDIT - actually wait, they're the inverse. A good bull underneath and shite on top.

PDJ - thankfully these are for work but I can't wear boots without them being 'clean' as I put it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Phil, the mud...............

was a trick the colour fella told us.

I'm sure there must be an easier way to dry out the oil.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Well

because I want mine to last with them being Altbergs, they've already been treated with an oily, waxy crap which certainly makes it slightly harder to polish them (as in you have to do a larger initial layer and leave it for an hour before shining that and relayering). But it's what I've always done except on one pair and that's the pair that cracked. Removing all the oils from the leather is probably fine if it's a second pair of boots that just remain bulled for military types on parade / paying visits to senior occifers but for every day boots you've gotta be taking care of them and making sure the leather stays supple.

I've been layering it up during top gear and it's working properly now with the basic polish. I honestly don't know how they get away with parade gloss. It's fookin' shite.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Hey Phil, you didn't say.........

it was your bike boots.

I thought you were in the TA and after bulling up your free issue army boots.

Dead right it ruins the leather. But then so does some waterproofing wax.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Not bike

boots, just every day work boots.

Nah not in the TA (oh wait, it's "all one army" these days isn't it). These days the army wouldn't even let me close as I'm so broken. My obsession with clean boots is historical and nothing more.

As for my bike boots - you'd need a JCB to scrape the crap off them!

EDITED because missing out words makes things nonsensical.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices