You are in... Forums > General > General > Meet my new bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Meet my new bike

I've still got Goldie the Gixxer, the new arrival is a second bike for relaxed rides on sunny days :sunglasses:

I've always fancied getting one of these, so when a good deal came along I decided to go for it...

I know it won't be to everyone's taste, so just remember the old saying - if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! :winkie:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 February 2013 17:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

jeni4

Excellent choice! nae need for petrol jist light yer farts......:lol::tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Dave

in spite of me being a sporty/naked bikes fan I really like that harley!!

Since putting my back out last month not even been able to think of getting on mine or the back of ste's bike-got physio on monday and hoping to god its fixed for the big blip at the end of May... off to Lanet via preston, portsmouth, santander, zerogosa, and another stop before all 16 of us land in Lanet for 10 days of bikes, rideouts and broken bums :lol:

Also got one night near Barcelona to go and snuggle a baby cousin of ste's...

Dave might need to borrow that harley if my back doesnt get better coz the thought of 2000+ miles on the back of a cbr900 with my knackered back doesnt appeal

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

aye

thats bike fur mile munching with been up rite must say after doing 2 weeks in france 3,000 miles on gsxr I was crimped lol :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

evlcatnw

Thanks. It's quite nice to hear compliments from folk who aren't usually into Harleys :smile I've still got my GSXR though, I haven't completely crossed to the dark side :winkie:

That sounds like quite a trip you've got ahead of you... Hopefully by then the physio will have worked and you'll be as supple as a ballerina! I'm not sure if you'd be happy with the pace of my Harley, it's the smallest engine model and seems to like a 60mph cruising speed - fine if you don't want speeding points, but not if you're in a hurry :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

hi dave

good to see the pic's up of your new steed and im glad to see you are enjoying her:biggrin:.............and apparently they are good for getting the fairer sex in the mood and the foreplay over and done with when you just fancy a quicky:wink:...............happy dayz:smile 

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Ally

Thanks. I'll let you know about the aphrodisiac effect, it might be worth my while becoming an all year round rider :winkie:

I wonder what she'd be like round Knockhill.........there's a scary thought :shock: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

dave c

see if you can find any video clips of the Harley racing. There were quite a few races at BSB rounds in 2011. Manic, but fun to watch.

You can corner much better than anyone expects on a Sportster, but you have to get it right. They are not forgiving if you make a mistake, but counter steering will work magic for you. People really underestimate what they can do and it can be comical to see them try to figure out how you did it.

Oh, yes. They're brilliant in the wet, too. I think the weight adds to the grip :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Beelady

Thanks for the information, you're telling me lots of stuff I didn't know about :smile I'll have a look on youtube and see if I can find any of the racing clips.

Ps. according to the Harley accessories catalogue you can still get the 1200cc conversion kit for modern bikes. It's about £1000 for the parts alone, so I'm not sure how much sense it makes, or if it would be better just buying one of the bigger engined bikes...

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Sorry,

I know I do get a bit over excited when it comes to Sportsters. I long to try one of the newer ones but if I liked it I'd want to buy one and I no longer have the muscle to ride one as it should be ridden.

If you find you really do enjoy it you can always start looking out for a 1200 in a year or two. In my dreams I'm getting Mr B to build me a 1200 flat tracker or maybe a cafe racer. One of each would be nice.

Ayway, I'll leave you in peace with it. I hope you get as much fun out of it as I did with mine.

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Beelady

No need to apologise, I think I might have worded my reply in a way that made it easy to misinterpret. I appreciated your advice because it was all new information to me, I definitely wasn't saying I already knew all this!

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding :smile

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices