Skip to content

Ask an Expert Commuting bike for tall person Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Commuting bike for tall person

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Grodan

Feb 13

Grodan says:

Commuting bike for tall person

Goodevning! Im in search for a comuting street" bike, should be comfortable for me who's 6.2" and around 80kg. My budget hits 2000 pounds and i prefer low performance and low insurance costs. Not sure wether i need anything kitted, perhaps windshield? 

not sure on what size i want to actually buy... its my first bike. i have tried a yamaha ybr250 and did really like the look of it. Low tank, sporty and comfy seat. Havent found one of those to buy so gotta have other options. Edit: perhaps a honda valadero 125 xl? idealy i look for
- low mpg
- power at low rev 
- low tank (dont like the feeling of having a bulk infront of my croch)
- comfy for an eventual 30 mile ride.  Though daily comute is 6 miles. 
- low insurance costs

Will mostly comute to the local store and gym, and perhaps go on the country road. very short trips on highways could happen, so i still like to feel that it has SOME power. Been taking lessons on a bmw f650 until my license, and i liked it too, cant afford one though!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 February 2013 17:20)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike choice

Have a look at the Honda Transalp. It should be tall enough for you, they are economical, very reliable and you should get one within your buget. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle