Skip to content

General Poor Show ! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Poor Show !

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

reestyboy

Jan 11

reestyboy says:

Poor Show !

Well, I've just got back from the MCN Show at the Excel. What can I say ? - it was dreadful !!! Fine if you wanted to buy a helmet or some leathers but that's about all. There were virtually no stands selling performance parts (I wanted some EBC Pads for my Gixxer - not one single stand selling 'em, yet there're always plenty at the NEC Show). I wanted some Pirelli's - again nothing ! The catering inside the hall was p*ss poor and extortionate and as for the Revolution show - c'mon guys, surely you can do better than pushbikes ? Sad to say it, but I won't be going back next year !
:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 February 2013 23:44)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

organisers

When is the penny going to drop with these promoters/organisers that people in this day and age want VFM (value for money). Otherwise, like you vote with your feet, don't go again. It's greed, charge as much as they can, give as little as poss.

Reply to this Topic
smileychief

Aug 02

smileychief says:

Was Poor!

But seems its the sign of the times.
I'm guessing the organisers just couldn't sell the space because the manufactures or retailers just cant afford it. If that's the case, then there isn't much they can do.
If the economy doesn't pick up this year, then I think next years show will be worse.
Which is a shame.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
wacca1

Feb 09

wacca1 says:

Poor Show

I'm afraid I have to agree. I first went to the Excel after the show had moved from the Ally Pally. I was disappointed then and vowed never to go back. But I thought I would give it a go as it's been a few years - I shouldn't have bothered.

I had planned to get myself a new set of boots, gloves and leathers but found that choice was quite limited compared to the NEC. Because the hall was fairly empty of stalls & exhibits everything was packed.

I came away empty handed, other than a selection of Nick Sanders books & DVD's - half of which turned out to be water damaged.

Never again

Reply to this Topic
Shaun25

Mar 12

Shaun25 says:

Didnt enjoy this one....

Wasnt as good as last years. No Suzuki or BMW? And the new version revolution was a let down, id rather pay extra for a seat and a real show, than have it included and struggle to see anything.

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Excel

It's sad to hear this, but I agree. I've been twice to the Excel show and been very disappointed on both occasions. After that, I vowed never to go again. Every year, I hear that the show still isn't getting any better......

When will the organisers stop treating us like monkeys and give us what we want ?. Bring back the Alley Pally show. It was great !!!....

Reply to this Topic
bigboots

Jan 10

bigboots says:

Agree

went to the first one and never again. Apart from everything else, just a characterless box.

Ally Pally has a smaller show in April which  we will be going to.

Reply to this Topic
typeo

Mar 05

typeo says:

Touts

I went on the Thursday, even at the £14 quid I paid by pre-booking it wasn't value for money.

The Revolution show was poor (would rather they didn't bother and used the space for stands). The number of retail stands was poor. Most of the space was taken up by static bikes (don't mind this) and a stand for each of the Bauer media titles. Since the show moved to Excel I've been roughly every two years and this was the worst. Won't be going back again.

I couldn't believe on the first day there were touts outside buying/selling tickets, bet they went home with a pocket full of tickets!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices