Skip to content

Discuss This Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013

Honda has said it would give serious consideration to offering Casey Stoner the opportunity to step out of retirement and race in at least two MotoGP rounds in 2013. There has been speculation that Stoner could ride a factory Honda RC213V machine in a bid to extend his phenomenal winning record on home soil at Phillip Island, while also taking part...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 February 2013 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

Why the......

Hell has he retired in the first place?  He is far too young and he will get bored very quickly!! Even if this story is crock and bull I do think he will be back on a bike within 4 years.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Casey for wildcard ride?

Casey HASN'T retired par se, he has simply retired from MotoGP. He has a job for the forthcoming year racing V8 supercar's in the aurstralian V8 supercar series.

It is an interesting suggestion and the choice is entirely Casey's. It would make for an interesting race at Phillip island as he would be very slightly rusty on the bike and a major scalp for the rest of the field.

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Casey Card?

I am not surprised at this. Casey never wanted to retire completely. The problem was his inability to continue a complete season when under pressure. 'I'm sick', 'We've got chatter', 'The bike's no good' - all excuses to get a rest. Of course, as Stoner says, it's easy to win 9 world championships - yeah Casey, if you put the years in. Anyway it'll be interesting to see how the, presumably rusty, Oz does, and whether the regular aliens will bother to try hard at the end of the year.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It's a mouth watering idea..

..despite obvious allegiances, most race fans would want to see Stoner battling it out with Rossi and Marquez and the other established "aliens". Other than Casey being a little ring rusty ( no smut please! ) you could argue they're all at the top of their game, or thereabouts..Make it happen!..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stompy is bang on..winning races at the end of the year - free from pressure and without his rusty bullethole going into spasm - is a bit of a speciality. It carries no merit.

Stoner cost Pedrosa the title at PI last year and could easily do the same this if the rumours are true..smart move Honda.

I predict a comeback of Spencer like disappointing proportions completely shooting to pieces his already sensitive and fragile ego.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Don't worry about Stoner being rusty - Biaggi came back to racing WSB after a year out in 2007 and came 3rd in the championship with 17 podiums  which included 3 wins 7 seconds and 7 thirds.  Age 36.    Stoner - 28 in Oct., would be back on it after half a dozen laps especially at P.I.   Great to see the spectacle of 5 riders in the mix.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Barrel, bottom, scraping

Stompy is bang on..winning races at the end of the year - free from pressure and without his rusty bullethole going into spasm - is a bit of a speciality. It carries no merit.

Unless of course your name is Rossi and you win a very late in the season Malaysian GP in 2010. I didn't hear you shouting about what a hollow victory that was because Lorenzo wasn't trying, or because he was concentrating on the championship and didn't want to risk a non-score battling with someone who was out of it.

If I recall, you were most inisistant that Rossi had showed a young upstart the way with another lesson in racecraft - Lorenzo being well and truly beaten.

Funny that - another example of one interpretation for one, another for another.

And what's this shite about Stoner costing Pedrosa the title. Pedrosa had a fantastic end to the season but didn't do enough in the first half. One win to Stoner's four and Lorenzo's five by Laguna. That's what cost him the title.

You know better, but like to spout shite that you know is shite, just to shake the boat a little

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

I predict a comeback of Spencer like disappointing proportions completely shooting to pieces his already sensitive and fragile ego.

-----------------------------------------------

What were your 'Vale aboard the Duke predictions' again bud?

I predict you'll soon stop predicting.

Re- Casey and a couple of wildcard rides, it'll certainly raise interest so MotoGp has everything to gain. 

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

moaner

wont do a ride this yr, he wont want to look a tit when pulls in on lap 2 with arm pump.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

on the contrary

The races at the tail end of the season are more hotly contested, as riders are freed from having to worry about points and instead focus entirely on winning the race.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices