Skip to content

Discuss This Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013

Honda has said it would give serious consideration to offering Casey Stoner the opportunity to step out of retirement and race in at least two MotoGP rounds in 2013. There has been speculation that Stoner could ride a factory Honda RC213V machine in a bid to extend his phenomenal winning record on home soil at Phillip Island, while also taking part...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 February 2013 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

..no big race crashes 2009, apart from the hilarious Valencia of course, but plenty of time off because the pressure told and Rossi was under his skin? Lactose my arse. Where was the sick note?

Your memory fails you regards 2008. Laguna, ahem, he was in the hunt until he fell off at 2 mph..which did his head in and caused him to crash out of the following two races after which, the Champoinship most certainly was gone.

Do try and keep up Old Bean.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Stoner on a Yamaha

As I suggested before on this forum Stoner would be great as a wildcard At Philip Island but it should be on a worksYamaha. Doing it on a Honda proves nothing and would only show up Pedrosa. He's not stupid so wouldn't touch The Duke with a bargepole plus he hasn't forgiven them for the wheat intolerance fiasco. But if he ride a Yamaha he has a chance to be the only rider to win a motogp race on all 3 of the works bikes. The place would be sold out the whole weekend. He has proven he can beat Pedro on the same bike. This would be his chance to see if he can beat Rossi and Lorenzo on equal machinery. Carmelo wouldnt let yamaha refuse but they would be happy to do it to show honda just how good their bike is no matter who won.

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

as for pedrosa

No offence to the little guy but Pedrosa is never gonna win a world championship.IMHO he's too weak mentally and too fragile physically. He is a very fast rider but winning the world championship needs a killer instinct he just doesn't have. Rossi constantly psyched him calling him the boy etc to get under his skin and it worked. He's going to be the David Coulthard of motogp i.e. his team mates keep winning world championships while be can't. For coulthard it was Hill then Villeneuve then Hakkinen. For Dani it'll be Marquez next year.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you do like

to shift your ground don't you wosi.

so did he crash by over-riding at 12mph, and due to pressure in  the warm up lap for a race where you would have argued going by precedent (ie your recent arguments in this very thread) that victory would have been meaningless anyway?

He is not without flaws as a rider, and the risk and physical and mental demands of his riding style were never going to be conducive to rossi or doohan -like longevity, but by all evidence any wins he had on the ducati particularly in 2010 were little short of miraculous, and it was not as though riding that bike more conservatively would have gotten him anywhere in any case.

Again, he rode for 2 seasons as well as anyone has ever ridden (like a God some bloke called valentino said, but what would he know?). Doing that for 5 seasons or 6 or 7 seasons would have been even better, but doing it for 2 seasons is still exceptional, whatever slant you might try to put on it

My memory seldom fails me, btw, and has been tested with some rigour by various academic institutions and professional bodies.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

LOL at David Emmett

Nostro if you are there it's time you made an appearance back at MM to sink the boot into Rossi's number 1 apologist, the number of times I have seen the likes of Hugelean et al use the 90 degree V as a reason for rossi's failure when the honda has had a 90 degree all along. Yellow spastic brigade owned again, oh fuck it is funny ROFLMAO. 

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

The sheer stupidity of them all......

90 degree V hahahaha, the 46ERS were only too willing to embrace the IT consultants technical opinion on the motorcycle when it gave their hero a convenient excuse, lol, I mean he was an IT consultant wasn't he? Big Fuckin LOL Captal ROFLMAO at you IT consultant consulting daft yellow lassies, I have said it before and will say it again you are the biggest scum in world sport. Fuck this has made my week.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"The truth of the matter is if Stoner rode a Ducati now, he'd be 8th"

He'd still have won PI... on a 2 year old 800cc CF Ducati!

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

right, so let's see if i've got this right

Stoner's crashes on the Ducati were all down to the fact that he pushed too hard, couldn't handle pressure, and was a natural crasher anyway. Rossi's crashes on the Ducati were because the bike is fundamentally flawed.

It's certainly true Rossi's crashes weren't due to pressure. No pressure battling for 5th.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Imagine if...

1: Stoner hadn't retired. 2: Sic was still alive 3: They both had competitive bikes. 4: Marquez and Rossi were on the bikes they are on for the year. What a season this would be! Hopefully Bradl, Bautista, Crutchlow and Smith can raise their game again this year.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

How...

... can you say this, "He'd still have won PI... on a 2 year old 800cc CF Ducati!", Hedge, when the tyres are completely different?

Anyway, one thing this would prove beyond doubt if it did happen, is that little Casey does indeed have a huge fevered ego, that needs constant stroking.

If he wants to race he shouldn't have left.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices