Skip to content

Discuss This Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda open to Casey Stoner wild card deal in 2013

Honda has said it would give serious consideration to offering Casey Stoner the opportunity to step out of retirement and race in at least two MotoGP rounds in 2013. There has been speculation that Stoner could ride a factory Honda RC213V machine in a bid to extend his phenomenal winning record on home soil at Phillip Island, while also taking part...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 February 2013 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

All his main rivals beat him more often than not..so where does this total domination theory come from?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did they? Really? I'm guessing that the facts and most of the worlds media are wrong in 'wosi world'.

Nothing changes.

Reply to this Topic
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

paceycasey...

...what media? its all on rossi not stoner. oh and stats well: http://s4.visordown.com/uploads/images/large/45459.jpg

Reply to this Topic
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

you gone and hurt my feelings now :( http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/Kevinsand/double-facepalm.jpg

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You've compared their first six years - no idea why though as what's it meant to prove? So how about now taking the other end of their careers and comparing the last two

Stoner about 15 wins and I'd guess at over twenty podiums.

Rossi about zero wins and 2, maybe 3 podiums.

Or we could take their respective Ducati acheievments...  wins =  23 - 0

Or we could take the last 6 years which is when they actually competed together on factory bikes

But, it's been done before, it's boring and what's the fecking point.

And it will only cause Wosi pain which is why he will try and re-write stats using calculations from his slightly skewed Scrotacus.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Realistically speaking..

Look you Numbskulls..them's the facts. I know you don't like it, but tough shit.

You can carp on about Rossi all you like but it's not just him who, more often than not, finished higher in the championship than Stoner throughout Casey's career is it? Both Dan & Jorge have a better head-to-head record too.

Wins are great and I'm not disputing all riders get a buzz from stepping up on the top spot, it's the reason Rossi left Ducati. But for you lot to consistently turn a blind eye to what really matters - the title - because it don't suit purpose, just underlines what dumbarse and selective fanboys you are.

Putting together a season is a lot more difficult than winning a race. Riding like Lorenzo did last year and taking the crown, when your two main rivals are winning races twice as often as you, takes a lot of doing. You have to ride with a cool head, be able to soak up pressure and to think on your feet..he did a great job and his job was to fight for the title and bring the bacon home. Mission accomplished.

For Stoner to make out all he was interested in was wins, and the championship was just a bonus at seasons end, shows a naive and slightly immature attitude which however much you sing his praises for wanting to beat his rivals on a Sunday, ultimately cost him the chance of being able to say with true authority that he did in actual fact dominate.

On his day he was probably the flat-stick fastest, but IMO those days didn't come often enough for his fans to say he dominated the Seven seasons he rode in GP. It's patently obvious he didn't. He dominated the Two seasons he won the title - which account for over half his total race wins - but that's all.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

doohanfan

you say

that is as may be

brutale r, but he won't get paid even a small fraction of 20 million a year if he reaches the pinnacle (such as it is ) of V8 supercar racing, let alone in the feeder series.

I have to say I find it demeaning for him to race in V8 supercars, particularly in comparison with premier class motogp.

he will not ne alowed to race a bike in anger while on contract to 888  lowndes is a great mx er  do you see him racing

yamaha only let rossi do rally cross only after he said it was over with them

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Almost Wosi

I agree with you in the main

I think dominate is the wrong word to use. It can be applied if you use the appropriate set of stats, use another set and it's inaccurate.

From a personal viewing perspective, I'd rather see a rider going for the win if it looks at all possible - or just trying to pass the guy in front. If they really aren't fast enough to catch and attempt a pass then they have to settle for second,  or whichever place they're in, they've no choice.

You mention Lorenzo playing it with a cool head and giving a masterclass in how to win a title but let's not kid oursselves. Do you really think he wasn't going for wins, like he did in Brno? There is no way he would settle for second unless he had no chance of winning. The more likely explanation for settling for second is that he just couldn't get close enough to Pedrosa to challenge. He may have the title to his name but he can't be happy in the way he achieved it, with barely a win since July

Winning the title just means you have more points than anyone else at the end of a season. It doesn't tell the story of how you got them. Lorenzo can't be happy with not winning since July. It's possible to win a title with 0 wins. Who really, if they were honest about it, would be happy with that?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

sure brutale r

they may well not let him race bikes, and certainly wouldn't if he was racing in the main event series.  I think the whole idea of him doing wild cards in motogp is kite flying anyway; as someone said you can't expect to be in any way competitive with the front runners doing the occasional race, and I can't imagine he would be happy running midfield even as a wildcard.

I just don't understand why he wants to run V8 supercars in the first place; it is a mickey mouse series and I say this as a passionate fan in my youth of some of its precursors.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

ffs wosi

who cares.
No one dominated the past 7 years of motogp, it has been one of the most competitive eras with several riders of the highest quality. The fact rossi didn't dominate it as he did in the early part of his career is rather testament to this, and if he is as good as you think he is , which he probably is, it makes lorenzo and stoner pretty good as well, and pedrosa not too shabby either but not able to be ranked with the other 3 imo without a title.

Titles are the currency, and lorenzo probably rates highest here with 2 titles from only 6 years rather than 7, although he has never had to ride a ducati or an lcr honda on non-srs michelins.

Lorenzo probably does best in terms of positions in the championship other than 1st as well, again with the same caveats .

Stoner and rossi had 2 titles each, rossi finished ahead in the championship 4:3, stoner had 38 wins to 26. I don't know about lorenzo or particularly pedrosa, but I don't think stoner and rossi care much about positions in the championship other than first, as rossi demonstrated in 2007 when he didn't seem to try very hard to finish 2nd rather than 3rd. I think both rossi and stoner would prefer the 12 extra race wins over the period, but this is a matter of opinion and speculation. I am happy to call the overlap of their careers fairly even, which hardly damns stoner.

If stoner had won last year he would have had the clear advantage, he had the opportunity to do so, but didn't, as you have (rather often) said. If lorenzo or rossi win this year, then whoever wins is the leading rider of the post 990 era, assuming rossi retires if he does win; I don't think he will beat lorenzo in the future if he doesn't this year.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I'll stick to semantics then caseyls

Concentrating on my mentioning your punctuation (the absence of it since you were imo ranting rather than arguing, not any petty errors in punctuation) is known as grasping at straws, I gave you a number of reasons as to why I thought you were in error which you have not addressed.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices