Skip to content

HONDA Honda CBR500R first ride CBR500R

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR500R > Honda CBR500R first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda CBR500R first ride

Honda’s eagerly-awaited new 500 is currently being tested for the first time by MCN’s Phil West on the roads around Tarragona, near Barcelona - and also at the Parc Motor Circuit, these are his first impressions: “We are getting to ride the sport version, the CBR500R and the roadster CB500F on this launch, the adventure styled X version will become available...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 February 2013 12:52)

Post a message in CBR500R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
charlie675

Jun 12

charlie675 says:

CBR600F

HOW IS THE CBR600F PASTICHE? ITS NO HODGEPODGE

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I would have thought with the current trend with adventure bikes, the X version would have been a priority!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

It is weird, especially as it's just some very minor plastic differences and wider bars.

It might eat into their NC700X market though, which I believe is outselling the S model. Anyone, I for one am delighted - well, moderately pleased - to see the return of cheap, good looking 500 twins, although calling it an "R" bike is a bit cheeky.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

CB350s

Reminds me of the wonderful CB350s I had in the late 80's, the styling would not be a miss today either!

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i really don't know how i feel about these bikes

i'm not a huge fan of hondas for a start, although i spent a lot of time on a vf500 back in the day, i just feel its another set of bikes made to suit laws we didn't need.

you know i'm sure they are fine, perfectly functional bikes made to a budget and sold as such, and i don't doubt there is a need for such vehicles to exist. but they're just nothing to get excited about .. are they? really?

they are just very Honda, where did i leave my slippers!

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

You would be surprised!

In the late 90's my Fireblade went in for service and the dealer loaned me a cb500 for a few hours. I was thinking 'what a boring bike it was, and yeah i'll ride around on it'. After 10 mins riding it i couldn't stop laughing. I took it over the Yorkshire Dales and brought it back a little bit late with a huge grin on my face. It completely changed my opinion and it was such a laugh to ride.

If these new models are anything like the older ones it should be good fun.

Reply to this Topic
Bikerste

Jan 13

Bikerste says:

500cc Not Bad at all

I have had big bikes back in the 80s Honda 900 Kwak 600 suzi GT 750 and so on, now ride a kle 500 that everybody said are rubbish will go on motorway and keep 80 to 85 all day if I want it to, great on fuel, and pulls in low down gears brill, so these new honda's should be even better then my bike with all the mod cons on them don't knock it till you try one.

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter!

I'm sure they're well made and decent enough etc but I just can't get remotely excited about this, although the "sports" version is my least favourite of the three so maybe I'll feel differently about the others.

I just can't imagine wanting to part with 5k or actually waking up feeling excited about riding it. I buy bikes for fun and occasioal commuting so this just isn't appealing as I can think of literally 100 bikes I'd buy before it that would still fit in with the A2 licence laws.

Although while I appreciate practicality is a big factor for many people it doesn't mean it has to be dull as a consequence or as a result of being shaped exclusively to fit in with new licencing laws.

I guess you pay your money and take your choice dependent on your circumstances and needs etc but Honda won't be getting any from me on this occasion.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

I'm with cadwell75

I think sometimes people forget that bikes are fun, you don't need 160bhp + to have fun, i love giving my Speed triple a good thrash but also love ragging an old 1970's 250 tralie around as well. 

These 500's may not excite but when you're on a back road giving it some stick and you are close to it's limits it is far more fun than a bike where you get nowhere near the limits like the modern day Superbikes on the road.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

My CB500...

is the best bike I have ever had and I have owned; CB1000R, Street Triple, Fireblade and CBR600RR. The reason is that it is so much fun.

It really is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

I might get one

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices