Skip to content

HONDA Honda CBR500R first ride CBR500R

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR500R > Honda CBR500R first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda CBR500R first ride

Honda’s eagerly-awaited new 500 is currently being tested for the first time by MCN’s Phil West on the roads around Tarragona, near Barcelona - and also at the Parc Motor Circuit, these are his first impressions: “We are getting to ride the sport version, the CBR500R and the roadster CB500F on this launch, the adventure styled X version will become available...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 February 2013 12:52)

Post a message in CBR500R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
justaname

Feb 13

justaname says:

changing world

i think mainstream biking needs to move on from the ' how quick is it up to a ton ' attitude, i, like many people just getting into bikes, want all year transport, i have driven cars for years but all out speed and nought to 60 stats were never a factor in my purchase. sure, bikes are more exhilarating to ride and most bikes are quicker than most cars, but for me 0 to 60, bhp and how far over a ton will it go, will never be a factor for my bike purchasing decision. is it safe,reliable and whats the cost, are my criteria. i think these bikes from honda tick all boxes, good price, good economy, good looks and yes, good fun.

Reply to this Topic
Bikerste

Jan 13

Bikerste says:

Sounds good that

Just to say that justaname its the nail on the head with that magic word again FUN everybody gone away from that, and thats why half of the riders today just want power.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kernowjim

Aug 11

kernowjim says:

DULL DULL DULL

another exciting machine from Honda....

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

add a supercharger/turbo or even both, some trick suspension and you'll have a WSB race bike in a couple of years ;)

Reply to this Topic
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

justaname

I agree mate, I've been lucky enough to play with a few bikes for another mag and have ALOT more fun revving the balls off a 600 than having to wind it in on a thou. I've had mates who think it's all a competition and brag about BHP and knee downs but I'd rather just get on and ride.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

overtaking would be an issue

the only thing is, if your used to doing outrageous but super safe overtakes on a 1000cc quick roadbike, it's just not going to be safe to overtake on a 500 without recalibrating, but i'm sure these bikes will be great fun, apart from overtaking and two up work that is, but might run circles round bigger heavier bike on the right roads.    

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

overtaking would be an issue

the only thing is, if your used to doing outrageous but super safe overtakes on a 1000cc quick roadbike, it's just not going to be safe to overtake on a 500 without recalibrating, but i'm sure these bikes will be great fun, apart from overtaking and two up work that is, but might run circles round bigger heavier bike on the right roads.    

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

2-stroke

If it had the same power but had a two stroke engine would it still be boring?

No-one ever thought of the 350LC as being slow or boring.....

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

It's not a 2 stroke though

The early reviews are lauding the linear power delivery, and how easy it is to end up going faster than you thought, but is that really praiseworthy? One of my favourite things about my GPZ500S is that it wakes up sharply at 7k. You could lose your license on it, but you'd be in no doubt that you were doing so.

Reply to this Topic
MrGiggle

Nov 12

MrGiggle says:

Parallel Twin

Personally moving up from a 125cc to a parallel Twin doesnt really interest me. Id much rather have an In-line for, Bandit or the older CB500,or a V-Twin. Being stuck on a 125cc for so long id rather just move straight to a restricted big bike than muck about on a physically smaller bike.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices