Skip to content

HONDA Honda CBR500R first ride CBR500R

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR500R > Honda CBR500R first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda CBR500R first ride

Honda’s eagerly-awaited new 500 is currently being tested for the first time by MCN’s Phil West on the roads around Tarragona, near Barcelona - and also at the Parc Motor Circuit, these are his first impressions: “We are getting to ride the sport version, the CBR500R and the roadster CB500F on this launch, the adventure styled X version will become available...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 February 2013 12:52)

Post a message in CBR500R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

justaname

... you are spot-on.  I love sportsbikes but when most of them come out of hibernation at the end of March, I find I can run rings around them on 'dull' commuter/functional machines.  They might be able to get the better of me when we hit the dual carriageways and motorways and blast off to 140-150mph, but these point and squirt merchants are no quicker on any other road than any CB500'esq bike.

Functionality, running costs, fuel consumption, reliability and the ability to park up in the city without permanently worrying about coming back to an empty space win for me every time.

Reply to this Topic
pacman53

Jan 13

pacman53 says:

Could be a nice little track bike...

I've always had moslty sport bikes in my 35 years of riding street bikes (the latest CBR600/929/954/1000/R6/R1) and stil have a 2012 R1.  But guess what, I also have a Suzuki Gladius 650 2010 on which, I have so much fun!!! (the girl friend has one too).  So I'm thinking of getting on of those (CBR500R) in a few years to get back on the track just for the fun of it!  I come to the point that it is getting less fun riding big sport bikes as you have to check your speed all the time (so easy to get over 160 kms/hre without noticing it)..  Maybe I'm just getting old.  lolllllllllllllll

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices