Skip to content

General If this was yer last year on a sports bike what would you buy next General

You are in... Forums > General > General > If this was yer last year on a sports bike what would you buy next

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

If this was yer last year on a sports bike what would you buy next

Serious!  ,If there was a gun to your head what would your choice be ? Easy to say adventure BMW Gs etc or cruiser Harley or maybe naked ? Not easy is it  ,I`ve thought about it n just could not make my mind up .So c`mon folks heres your challenge and think very careful before you type would your choice be the right one for you ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 February 2013 20:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Doh

In that case, I'll go for something totally impractical...

Rune 

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Other Left-field

The pre-Diavel / VRod Custom-Sprots crossover bike, the Yamaha XV1700 Warrior

Or one of those Kawasaki W800 Flat-trackers that have their own one make race series in Switzerland

Reply to this Topic
kawathrasher

Feb 10

kawathrasher says:

Oldish !!!

I'm sure i have no idea with what ever you are referring...:ph43r:

Compared to ma R1 they buggers are the preverbial sofa like with all day comfort (Already done a day run on the FZ1)...

Flat bars and removing the middle fairing panels...... How very dare you :lol::lol::lol::tongue:

Attached images:

1. IMG_0329  
  2. New Love  
  3. R1  
Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

KTM 690

would probably get my vote

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

When my Hayabusa had to go

a few year back [ok strictly speaking NOT a sports bike but damn quick anyway] I bought a 1200 Bandit. Loved it to bits but then I fancied a BMW 1150GS and that was magic but in the end that also had to go [too darn heavy] and now I ride a Bonneville and I'm chuffed to bits with the little bugger :winkie: it aint fast but boy is it loud :lol: and it's a whole load of fun. Every time I go out on it I feel like I'm 18 all over again. At almost 63 I'm sorry to say the Triumph will prolly be my last bike but I'll hang onto it even when I can no longer ride and just go in my garage and polish it, maybe sit on it and dream of the days when I could ride it and all the other bikes I've owned down the years since that far off day when I turned 16.

Reply to this Topic
importrider

Nov 04

importrider says:

very

hard question to answer, its easy to pick lots of different bikes but just as i think ive got it answered another pops into mind. but one that keeps running through me brain is the kawasaki w800 so although still not a definite answer i would seriously consider it:unsure::hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Never...

...owned a sportsbike :sleep:

I've ridden a ZXR750, R6 & CBR600R and didn't get on with them. The arse up, bum down riding position has never appealed to me but then I'd never pretend I've even tried to get my knee down. Maybe I'm old before my time but a VN900 Custom or W800 for fine weather riding or something like a K1300S or similar sports tourer for long, er tours.

Having said that I was really tempted to go for the NC700X the other day as an all-year commuter. I pack in 12k a year with a lot of motorway riding so something cheap, comfortable, frugal on the juice and capable at long motorway stints is what I go for.

For me the question should be "if I could ONLY ride a sports bike for the rest of my life what would it be"? Any suggestions?
:wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices