Skip to content

Discuss This Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’

A policewoman who caused a crash that killed a motorcyclist while talking on her phone has escaped prosecution after saying the device was in her lap. The Crown Prosecution Service says there is not enough evidence that Collette Carpenter, 23, committed an offence. Carpenter, a special constable who has handed out at least six fines for using a phone while...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 09:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Fof IA

I read this when it first appeared in the press and was somewhat taken aback as no charges were made against the driver. Setting aside the phone business its clear from the evidence that she was turning out from a minor road onto a major road and in doing pulled into the path of the motorcyclist who again from the evidence was not speeding. It therefore follows he was so close that he couldnt take evasive action...so she didnt see him. That in itself is causing death by careless driving..here is the CPS link..http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/causing_death_by_careless_or_inconsiderate_driving.

/Secondly...the facts are that she lied to the Police. That again is an offence of "obstructing a Police Officer in the execution of his duty" or possibly " attempting to pervert the course of Justice". The fact that she was a Special Constable is fairly irrelevent in question about the manner of driving. However it does weigh heavy given that there is an Police offence of "misconduct in Public Office" when you consider her lies. To that end--if its of any consequence I have made an application under the Freedom of Information Act as to the evidence  or lack of it as to why she didnt face any of these alternative charges.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

A total disgrace - again the courts allow the killing of a motorcyclist without action.

Reply to this Topic
bobgreen

Apr 04

bobgreen says:

I am pretty disgusted by this outcome, special constable or not, phone or not, once again a motorcyclist proven to not be breaking any laws has been killed by an irresponsible car driver who has not been punished.

Justice my arse!

Reply to this Topic
dazfast

May 10

dazfast says:

A disgrace

i agree with fomancu.. the cummunity shoulg together a demand the reason why no charges were brought...An utter disgrace to our system and complete devaluation of life.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i'll say it again

i will happily fund raise in order to sue her in the civil courts!

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

We should help

I will be happy to contribute a donation if it is needed.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

So

this lying, dispicable 'special' officer has twisted the system and not been found guilty of death by dangerous driving and the motorcyclist has had a verdict of 'accidental death' put on him!

Is this fucking horrible c*nt still a 'special'???? How do her fellow officers feel about serving alongside her?

What an absolute travesty of justice - the whole of the Dorset constabulary should hang their heads in shame, or get rid of this disgusting fat piece of shit excuse for a law enforcer!!!!!!!!

RIP David Bartholemew! Condolances to the family.

I too will donate to a private prosecution against this officer, just PM me!

S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
jayvousden@msn.com

Jul 08

e-petition against Collette Carpenter

This is just disgusting. I have started an e-petition calling for her re-trial with additional charges. I will post the link if it get approved. Jay

Reply to this Topic
MassiveSteve

Feb 13

MassiveSteve says:

Unbelievable

I find his news unbelievable but also not surprising at all, i'd say from the image of her she is protecting from prosecution for fear of the force being labelled homophobic and sexually discriminating. I'd imagine if this would have been a male 'special constable' with a perfect 20 year record then he would be inside a small room now or shortly in the future. Sad that a mans life means so little, accident.... yes; avoidable.... definitely!

Reply to this Topic
makemyday112

Feb 11

makemyday112 says:

this is discusting the police really are wankers so she lies and kills some1 but gets away with it seriously wtf if i see her shes getting spatt on dirty pig!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices