Skip to content

Discuss This Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’

A policewoman who caused a crash that killed a motorcyclist while talking on her phone has escaped prosecution after saying the device was in her lap. The Crown Prosecution Service says there is not enough evidence that Collette Carpenter, 23, committed an offence. Carpenter, a special constable who has handed out at least six fines for using a phone while...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 09:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Ok

i'm no expert in this. so perhaps there is people who can help.

we need the family to be behind anything that happens it is them after all who

a. have to sue

b want to go through what will be an extended court case

how do we contact them?

next we'd need a good lawyer willing to take the case

anybody recommend anyone?

we then need large scale media exposure,

what i've seen on facebook and on here so far is good

can someone from MCN contact me if willing to help?

same from the BMF or MAG?

need a fund setting up to collect money.

i have no idea how to do this, does anyone?

thats enough to start with?

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Charity ride

someone mentioned doing a bike run for charity, i'm more along the mind of getting as many bikes as possible to ride to the station she works at as a protest!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Billysollocks, again we think alike! I was going to suggest they access her phone records  to see if she was in a call at the time of the accident. And the phone was in her lap?? Probably dropped it there when the 'accident' happened! Put me down for a contribution!

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Thankx SatNav, what I'm suggesting isn't rocket science. Under CPIA, this was and is a valid investigative line of enquiry, which, if it wasn't followed, has to be neglect. As much as I hate to judge without being aware of the full facts, the idiotic slapper in question does itself no favours with the smug grin displayed in the accompanying picture. 

For myself, I would not sleep again if I knew I had killed someone through an act of carelessness or neglect. It appears that I am in the minority with the new generation of mindless cretins who just cannot exist without gabbling pointlessly on their mobile life support.

Get a life before destroying another.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Sorry, I'm losing the plot today. Diablere, there are solicitors out there who can help, but this really does have to be driven by the family of David. Civil law and criminal law are diametrically apart, with the basis of a civil claim being perhaps easier to prove than is the case with the utterly idiotic restrictions placed on criminal cases, in which the defence are basically given their get out of jail free card by the prosecution. This is symptomatic of the bolloxed up legal system of this nation, which has been brought about by your bleeding heart liberal human rights bean bag hugging types.

I really wonder how many of them would be quite so open minded if a member of THEIR family was killed in a similar way? Human rights, CND, Greenpeace - all a load of fucking hippies with no grasp on reality.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Nothing new in the world

or "policeman-woman of the world unite"....in CRIME of all kind...unpunished crimes of all kinds and types committed by police officers .... I know it's off topic, but in the case of L:A.P.D vs Dorner best describes the state of mind of police officers, who have a compelling need to protect their colleagues even if these were the last scum, and also to punish mercilessly, anyone who point out that there are many among police is nothing than criminal scum ... and it becomes more accepted modus operandi of the police department in almost every developed country in the world ... and unfortunately that infection also is spread on England police which regarded as one of the most professional and least corrupt (compared to Los Angeles police, etc.) I'm 100% sure, that is case was vice verse...that telephone was found in car on the back seat, in the civilian vehicle, which struck a hypothetical policeman on a motorcycle and killed him, would have already been proven that he spoke by phone and that is the main cause of death of poor officer which left behind like father of four, wife, grandpa, grandma....

Reply to this Topic
100milesaway

Mar 09

100milesaway says:

Even without the phone aspect of this case, Is pulling out of a side road with total neglect, and that neglect costing an innocent road user their life not grounds enough to lock this smirking bitch up.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I always thought that this was subject to a stated case, in that if entering a main road from a minor road, the onus is one that person to ensure that the move is carried out safely?

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

From what i've read

and this adds to the crimes she's walked away from. she denied being on the phone, until the point that they went into the phones records.then changed her story!

so perverting the course of justice is another crime that she's walked away from smiling!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Well

Is this not typical of one rule for them and another for the rest of us "normal" people.  And one person is correct in saying at best she should have been found guilty lie-ing.  Maybe best print this article off just incase if ever happens to me or anyone i know as i expect the same treatment.  I will say that the phone was on my lap = bull shit

No wander we hate MP's, police and judges

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices