Skip to content

Discuss This Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Death crash policewoman escapes charges because ‘phone was in her lap’

A policewoman who caused a crash that killed a motorcyclist while talking on her phone has escaped prosecution after saying the device was in her lap. The Crown Prosecution Service says there is not enough evidence that Collette Carpenter, 23, committed an offence. Carpenter, a special constable who has handed out at least six fines for using a phone while...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 09:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
greenhat

Jan 09

greenhat says:

MCN petition

Please MCN we must gather a petition against this terrible case, it cannot go unchallenged. If we can get enough good people to sign up then at the very least its a show of support for this unfortunate fellow and his family.

What a bloody shambles this beggars belief!

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

mobile phones

this story is total;y true  it happened today as well as riding my bike 250 honda im a cyclist now due to the olympics while riding  along a country lane today coming towards me was  a 4x4 with loads of kids in it 5 i think. the driver was on the bloody mobile he had to stop right opposite me. when i said your out of order youve got kids in that motor .he said whats the problem im driving steadily coudnt belive it then he ranted on about horse meat ect the thing is until the fine is raised and the points with it people will stick 2 fingers up to the law.

Reply to this Topic
Dinorocker

Feb 13

Dinorocker says:

Civil case

This is truely disgusting.

I'm not sure how things work but could the family take a civil case up against the officer?

She really should not be allowed to walk away Scot free from this

Reply to this Topic
GNinja38

Feb 13

GNinja38 says:

justice

lets raise awareness of this and see if we can get justice!

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForDavidBartholomew?ref=hl

Reply to this Topic
specialsparky

Jan 10

I feel so sorry for the relatives... and to the 'real police... they appear to have held the belief that every sane person reading about this has come to... her actions caused the riders sad demise. However, the CPS once again demonstrate that their judgement is seriously flawed and that quite simply, they cannot be trusted... does anybody have any faith in them? My deepest sympathy, once again, goes to his relatives... an outcome to an already tragic situation that truly beggars belief!

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

Disgusting, driver pulls out on a bike and kills the man and nothing happens about it? what a joke this country is. I'd like to say 'if she wasn't a copper she'd be in jail' but sadly thats not the case as more and more folk are getting away with pulling out on a biker and not even getting a slapped wrist. wonder what would happen if the roles were reversed, and he ploughed into the side of her door and she died?

Reply to this Topic
Superslug83

Aug 09

Superslug83 says:

Time for a Stand

Why is it that killing a motorcyclist in this country ranks lower than almost any other crime you care to mention. What galls me here is the Police themselves have demonstrated the cause of the distraction and yet still the driver gets off scot free. This is now common practice in motorcycle hating UK and it needs to stop.

The face book site suggests a slow ride past the police station where the driver is based.I suggest we go one further and block park the station till we get this injustice made aware of nationally. It will need help in coordination and this is where we need MCN to step up and make this public along with all the other cases that have gone by recently.

Come on MCN get behind your readers and off your comfy test ride seats and get stuck in or you won't have many readers left. 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

CPS

"C"an't "P"rosecute "S"pineless For once I'm speechless.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'm

joining the cops.

Can't get done for nowt.

Reply to this Topic
occytherp

Jul 05

occytherp says:

MCN do something

If a ride out is planned or a fund opened up by MCN then this will show the Police that we are not going to take this injustice lying down. Please use the momentum shown by these posts , give motorcyclists an opportunity to show solidarity for an innocent man killed by a liar.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle