Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph goes to India with Prime Minister David Cameron General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Triumph goes to India with Prime Minister David Cameron

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Triumph goes to India with Prime Minister David Cameron

Triumph Motorcycles has been invited to send representatives as part of a small delegation to India with Prime Minister David Cameron on a trade mission. The visit by Triumph follows confirmation by the Leicestershire-based manufacturer that it has secured a 30-acre plot of land in the state of Karnataka with the intention of establishing a manufacturing base for motorcycles to be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 09:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Aajkz

Billysollock's rant is aimed squarely at the Prime Minister. Why are you playing the Racist card?

Reply to this Topic
Aajkz

Feb 10

Aajkz says:

What racist card? And no it's not is it. The pop about taxpayers paying for a 'Tory boy jolly' is a pop at the very purpose of the trip. Which, among other things, is putting a British motorcycle manufacturer in front of a huge potential market.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Oh I'm Sorry....

I Thought you said "Go back to your cave, moan about immigrants and how the're stealing our jobs and taking all our money and benefits".......He said none of that, YOU DID.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

I Had To Reply...

billysollocks asks "how much is it costing us TAXPAYERS to send Tory boy off on a jolly?" Can we assume he'd rather not send a trade delegation abroad to drum up business for the UK ?

Getting the economy back on its feet isn't a case of governments waiting to see what happens while issuing yet another pickpocketing budget. I'm glad our PM, of any political persuasion, is involved and I hope the trade mission is successful.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I believe the aim...

Of his visit is to double the amount of trade which at the moment, is about the same as our trade with Belgium.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Maybe Triumph could start a factory in India and produce small bikes for that market and then maybe some of them could be brought here for the learner market! I'm sure anyone starting out biking on a learner Triumph would then be keen to stay with the brand when they pass their test. I don't like Cameron either but its a case of 'damned if he does and damned if he doesn't' when it comes to furthering our trade with India. I believe he's also trying to flog them Typhoon jets which is a cause close to my heart as the Indians haven't signed a contract yet with the French who supposedly won the deal but didn't lay the details out correctly in their bid. Lets hope for the sake of our nation his visit proves fruitful. At least Cameron is trying,but I still think he's an arse!!

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Well, thanks to those who managed to misconstrue my comments as racist (really?). I do understand politics, but I object to this freeloader having a jolly on the pretext of drumming up business. I wish Triumph and all the other businesses who want to expand every bit of luck going, but I fail to grasp the validity of bubblehead showing up to issue the vacuous soundbites he so adores using.Yes, there is a case for politicos to further our interests, just not this clown.

Getting our economy back on its feet is a struggle we all face, it won't happen overnight. At least give me the cerdit for understanding THAT much. As for being racist, that is YOUR perception and opinion which, in a free nation, we are allowed to voice. The Taliban are very active in Pakistan, recent events in Birmingham rather support that assertion, no?  Or am I missing something? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices