Skip to content

Discuss This My son the criminal General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > My son the criminal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

jess jephcott  says:

My son the criminal

An interesting situation is developing in our lives at the moment - I would welcome comment about it. Last June, my 17-year-old son went to a local supermarket on his motorcycle to use the cash machine. Whilst in the car park he was hit by a car, knocked off and injured. It turned out that the driver of the car was a family friend. She got out,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 11:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
F0ulOli

Jun 12

F0ulOli says:

The truth maybe?

Sounds to me like your son doesn't have insurance, or the bike was faulty in some way that he thought could get him into trouble. Its the only rational explanation for not doing things properly. Basically, you've reaped what you sowed! Hard way to learn the lessons of life though!

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

oooops

Your son brought this on himself...refusing to disclose details is one thing but the instant he got a phone call he should have contacted a solicitor and notified his insurance company as the woman clearly had and failing to report it from his perspective can void his insurance. Pleading guilty...been watching too many TV shows...any admission of guilt goes on a permanent criminal database which now explains the new interest in him and always puts you in the naughty seat...in this case it would have been much easier to prove his innocence simply based on the vehicle damage and his bank withdrawl time vs her statement of events which would have indicated that she left the scene first. You should now consider a civil case against the woman for falsely reporting an accident and hence insurance fraud.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

You and your

son, a couple of halfwits. At least your son can claim to be the son of a twat. Wake up and smell the coffee, why would you plead guilty to something you didn't do? Especially when you are injured and have a damaged 'bike. Why wouldn't your son co-operate with the police? Why did he not make a claim. 'Cos it's a tissue of lies...that's why.....PRICK.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Sounds to me as though your boy is telling porkies. Either it didn't happen the way he said it did,  he's got no insurance or both. Or and it's a big or, he's incredibly naive.

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

BS - no way

I don't believe a word of what I've just read - pull the other one.

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

17 and "goes to church" is that what he tell you.

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

@crawsue..regardless of the facts or

otherwise of this chaps post, I just felt the need to tell you what a gobby, little c*nt you are.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Phew !  what a rough ride the gang on here have given this lady . This is one site that cannot  bear bullshitters . If remotetly  true it"s a story on not what to do , never admit anything , get  some legal advice , ignore mum"s advice , search high & low for a  witness , be polite to the cops - show respect , they love it . Back -up from everybody involved  , damage report on the bike , and on yourself from Doc. with photo"s . Lots more, but every rider should  arm himself  with as much knowledge as he can , it stops problems later .

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Moron

Unfortunately Jess, it seems that you have given birth to a Moron.

Reply to this Topic
biker1473

Apr 09

biker1473 says:

To all the comments claiming lack of insurance on the part of the kid - you're wrong. It's trivial for the police to check and they would have thrown the book at him given the chance. Which is what makes his refusal to give the details even more bizarre. Your options... If he appeared in Court on his own without a Solicitor then you might have chance of getting it overturned on appeal - or at least a retrial - on the grounds that he was a minor and not properly represented. But that sounds to me like a slim chance - Courts usually make sure the process is followed, even if the quality of the representation he gets is rubbish. It will, of course, cost you a fortune. Second option: do nothing. His criminal record is minor and will become 'spent' in a few years. Do cooperate with the Youth Offender panel. They have a job to do - the easier you make it for them, the easier they will make it for you.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices