Skip to content

Discuss This No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

New Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier says the hiring of a host of new engineering expertise will not be implemented to help the Bologna factory’s recovery in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. Gobmeier has the task of re-building Ducati’s MotoGP project after a disastrous two-year spell with Italian legend Valentino Rossi. The size of that task became apparent earlier this month when the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 12:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

well the 06 bike worked for all to ride fast maybe ducati should start refering to this bike a little more was it trellis frame the reason it worked ? cos didnt they switch to cf in 07

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

bulto

Not disputing what Hayden did during practice and QP but look where he finished in the races.
No point in being able to do one fast lap.
The whole point is to finish the race as close to the front as possible.
The flawed  design of the bike(??) is causing every rider big problems and unless Ducati do something fairly dramatic nothing is going to change.
As most know the bike is the problem but you still insist Rossi was the main problem and the bike only needs a few tweaks and a decent rider.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

To recap, the bike is a problem to ride fast, but, it isn't impossible to ride fast. Hayden did more than one fast lap, he ran a good number of laps at the front in a number of races before the tyres went off. Now that is undisputable proof that the bike can lap quickly. The problem would seem to be, why is it so difficult to set up to do so.

Hayden couldn't have run at the front for a number of laps if the bike wouldn't do it. That's why I suggested that maybe another rider (no-one in particular) using a different set up or different style could get quicker times out of it more consistently, thereby getting better results. The lap times for better results seemed to be in the bike

Look also at Rossi's performance at Misano. He had the benefit of a recent two day test in which he found a decent set up for the track - evidence that the bike was capable of more than he achieved because it's difficult to set up in the timeframe of a race weekend?

What I said of Rossi was that I never believed the hype that built up over the years of how he could ride around any problem from tyre wear to machine issues and still trounce the field. You heard it time after time from TV commentators, in the press and in public discussion. All based upon him leaving Honda after telling them it was him not their bike and then winning on a Yamaha - something I could never understand the fuss about, winning on different makes of machine. It happens in other motorsports and is never made a fuss of. What I said of Rossi and the Ducati period was that it merely proved that Rossi couldn't ride around issues as previously accredited.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

more than just setup

All four Ducati riders seemed in agreement after sepang. The Ducati needs more than a few setup adjusments, they need something major. The question is can they find a solution? IMO yes, but it'll take a while. As for the Rossi Ducati debacle both sides have had their reputations tarnished. Its obvious Rossi was never given a competitive machine but its also obvious from rossi's attitude on the bike that he stopped pushing the bike as hard as he could. Whether he lost confidence in the machine or was pissed of with riding a pig, for me, last season he stopped trying. Both Rossi and Ducati require wins ASAP if they are to recover their reputations.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

However

It would be interesting to see what Marquez could do with it...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

All four Ducati riders seemed in agreement after sepang. The Ducati needs more than a few setup adjusments, they need something major. The question is can they find a solution?

I wouldn't disagree, I think they've all found they have difficulty in getting a set up to lap quickly, but it's been proven it can do it, therefore the bike needs changes to make it easier to set up - whatever that may entail

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Jeez....

You never give up do you always adamant you are correct and everyone else is wrong.
You say something needs to be done to ake the Ducati easier to set up.Do you really not think they have been trying to solve that problem for the past two years?
It seems there is more luck than skill when setting the bike up.
Even Dovi has said that the bike needs big changes but of course you know better.
Ah now you want Marquez on the bike.You really are clutching at straws to defend your twisted views.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

who exactly?

In its current guise who has shown the ducati can lap quickly? To my knowledge no rider has shown the bike to be competitive in qualifying or over race distance with the exception of a few freak wet weather results. Espargo lead a race in the wet by your logic does that mean the ART is able to lap quickly and therefore competitive? The ducati needs a complete overhaul instead of just a bunch of new parts thrown at a concept that clearly isn't working. The ducati has power and rear grip but is fundementaly lacking in every other area. I'm not an engineer but the bike needs major changes-whatever that may entail

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

DUCATI = SHIT

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Agreed eddl

...... shame coz it's the best looking prototype on the grid.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices