Skip to content

Discuss This No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

New Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier says the hiring of a host of new engineering expertise will not be implemented to help the Bologna factory’s recovery in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. Gobmeier has the task of re-building Ducati’s MotoGP project after a disastrous two-year spell with Italian legend Valentino Rossi. The size of that task became apparent earlier this month when the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 12:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

huh

Looks like bultoboy has gone into hiding.
Disgraced himself again!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

I try and have a reasoned discussion but you resort to type and have a tantrum

As for disgraced myself, you need to get a grip. It's a forum not world politics, so I've hardly gone into hiding. I've had a few hours in the garage rebuilding my own bike

I don't want Marquez on it, I just said it would be interesting to see what he would do on it as he appears to be a very dynamic rider, maybe like Stoner?

As for your accusation that I'm always right, I thought the whole point of any discussion was two or more people airing their views and opinions, which is all I've done - hence words like maybe and suggest. Not is or definitely.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you aren't worth the effort - said it before, you're not capable of reasoned discussion.

Diceman - you ask who showed it could lap quickly - that was there to see on occassion if you watched the races. If a bike is so bad that it can't lap at a given pace - such as the most uncompetitive of the CRT bikes, then that's it, it won't do it, even for one lap no matter who is on it. The Ducati did it, a few times in qualifying and a few times running at the front in races - in the dry. Therefore it can do it - otherwise it wouldn't have. The problem is how to make it do it consistently. Look how Rossi improved when he had two days of testing at Misano before the race there. The only time he's been able to run at the front of a dry race. So why was that - because he found a better set up for the bike with the extra track time? A set up he couldn't find in the 3 hours they get on a race weekend? If the bike wasn't capable of running those times, how come it did? It's a reasonable question.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

opinions

Your entitled to your opinion but as all four current ducati riders left the sepang test with the opinion that the bike requires more than some minor setup adjustments I don't understand what you're basing your opinion on. I dont recall seeing any of these "fast laps" you refer to. Even if the bike is capable of one fast lap if overriden one lap does not a race make. I've already said in a previous post that I personally think (my opinion) Rossi didnt give 100% last season but that doesn't mean the bike was competitive. If it had been we'd have seen hayden and the satellite riders perform better than they did. I'd really like to see ducati turn things around but it may take a while. Hey, ho opinions are like assholes we've all got them and they all stink.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I'm not saying it only needs minor set up tweeks, it appears to remain a difficult bike to set up and ride quickly. I'm not sure how you could have missed seeing it run at the front on occassion if you watched all the races, especially Rossi at Misano where he came second in a dry race 3 or 4 seconds off the winning time. The same bike he could only finish around 7th or 8th on at the previous and subsequent races, over half a minute off the winning time.

All I'm saying is it can go quickly, but whether it can be improved to be set up more easily and made more consistent by either some basic design changes or a major redesign remains to be seen

The current rider/crew combinations don't seem to have Stoner/Gabarrini's ability to unlock whatever speed it may have in it, so it's not hard to see why they're calling for major changes already. The recent Jerez test tried some new ideas, so Sepang 2 will be interesting

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

reasoned discussion?

No tantrums here bulto just the usual laughable situation with your usual repetitive reply.
How can I have a reasoned discussion with you?
You are never wrong.You will argue black is white rather than admit you have made a mistake.
Strange how you are in the minority about this discussion and that is not only on this forum either.
Sepang 2 will go exactly like Sepang 1 and I will remind you when it happens.
Now wake up and stop being more of a pillock than you already are.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You are never wrong.You will argue black is white rather than admit you have made a mistake.

It's just an opinion Buel, based upon what I saw during qualifying and races. It's therefore subjective at best, there is no right or wrong - where have I told anyone I'm right and they're wrong. Get a grip. NO-ONE on this forum has the faintest idea of what is wrong with that bike, but there are plenty calling it shite without having a single tangible reason to explain why.

If you want to act as judiciary on people's opinions, there are quite a few you can spend your time on, putting them right over the suitability of a 90 degree V configuration for a Motogp bike....

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Misano

That wasn't really a true representation of the Ducati though, was it?

They had a private test a couple of days prior to the race, then the rest of the teams were hit by the weather during the weekend, leaving Ducati sitting pretty.

It's hard to believe if that had been a normal weekend that Rossi would have finished where he did. Less a case of it going quickly than the rest being brought to their level by a lack of set up time.

One thing I think is true though, is that it's a pig of a bike to get any meaningful set up improvement from. It just doesn't seem to react in the same way as the jap bikes.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

so el diablo

You are suggesting valentino would have won laguna seca 2008 had he been on the ducati?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Mornin' Bulto

just been reading thru last nights posts - you said about the Ducati - ''but there are plenty calling it shite without having a single tangible reason to explain why.''

One tangible reason that springs to mind is - it's 2 seconds off the pace.      

Having said that NONE of the MotoGP bikes (even the CRT's) are shite they're all bloody fast machines - it's just that Honda and Yamaha are a step higher up the order (two steps in the case of the CRT's.)       In 2006 Ducati stole a march on the rest by doing extensively more testing with the new 800 than the other manufacturers and started the new 800 era in 2007 at Qatar with the rocket-ship that took the championship. However they did not maintain that advantage. Unlike popular opinion on the subject  I don't think Ducat went backwards - more like they just stood still.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

if people think audi....

Is going to sink 10 gazillion euros into making a new ducati they will probably have a long wait......I'd suspect the top brass at audi like motogp and just wanted their own hospitality tent for the races to watch the yam's and honda's........so bought the tinpot outfit as cheap as they could

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices