Skip to content

Discuss This No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

New Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier says the hiring of a host of new engineering expertise will not be implemented to help the Bologna factory’s recovery in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. Gobmeier has the task of re-building Ducati’s MotoGP project after a disastrous two-year spell with Italian legend Valentino Rossi. The size of that task became apparent earlier this month when the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 12:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I thought

that might come up.  The Ducati is obviously an acquired taste which only one rider got the flavour of.    Stoner's off the wall style was suited to the quirky Ducati.   No other rider got anywhere near the sharp end on it. 

In stark contrast any rider who gets on a Honda or Yamaha - even a satellite - is immediately on or near the pace.   Stoner is an enigma nothing about him adds up.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Never ending story..

Simon..if you're gonna use stats to make a point, get the fkers right or prepare to be labled a Stoner jizz bucket.

At Losail in 2007, Stoners Ducati was 10mph faster than Rossi's Yamaha. To put that into perspective, 2012 at the same track.. the difference between Lorenzo's Factory M1 and Edwards' CRT was less.

The Ducati did go round corners because it had made to measure Bridgestones and Capirossi was 7th but should have been 4th because he had lots of DNF. He won a race and had several podium.

Also..

Stoners fastest lap in the Valencia race 2010, was 7 tenths faster than Rossi managed during the test there..NOT more than 2 seconds..

Get a grip and take your Orange blinkers off son.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Here we go, 'wosi' and stats.....

...................Your boy got his arsed kicked by the young criminal from down under. Every website on the fookin' planet will show you the results yet you're still in denial bud.

Give the bloke a fucking break eh!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wosi sorry

Rossi did a best of 1:33.7......stoner qualified on same tyres 1:31.8....3 days earlier, yeah sorry for the confusion was trying to remember off the top of my head

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

saturn....

And that is what i'm saying on another thread on here......it would be far easier to get on the yam or honda and win a championship than win 1 single race on the ducati and that is what puts stoners time at ducati into perspective......but wosi won't like anyone saying that

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi and mathematics

Rossi did a best of 1:33.7......stoner qualified on same tyres 1:31.8....3 days earlier, yeah sorry for the confusion was trying to remember off the top of my head

That doesn't compute with Wosi as he does his maths on his two bead testicular abacus

Problem is it's faulty, it doesn't add up correctly. 1 + 1 = 2 but on the Wosacus it equals 10 because one bead is stamped 4 and the other is stamped 6

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

1 + 1 = 2 but on the Wosacus it equals 10

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wosacus....................Bulto invents a new word regarding 'wosi' and his ever so drawn out/not thought out/twisted  stats.

5***** to Bulto. (But i'm guessing 'wosi' will claim the credit?).

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Old Wosi

Is a bit like old Yeller from the 50s Disney film, knocking on a bit, slightly rabid and in need of putting down. You keep mentioning people hurting but that's more an indication of your state of mind than mine - it's bike racing, maybe the be all and end all in your life but mine, don't think so

As forum technical expert, it's heartening that you can tell the difference between a twin and V4 and that you can tell CF from aluminium because one is black, the other is silver, but then you get ahead of yourself with centroid triangles. The only centroid trialngle you've any knowledge of is the yellow hairy fucker that sits above your boyfriends gonads

You've taken a few liberties with your interpretation of what I said but that's your way, when you've dropped a bollock yourself, as with the 90 degree V4 theory. Wosi's style is Ignore it and exaggerate other issues to brush it aside.

The Ducati is certainly not the best bike out there, how bad it is we don't know. You quote Dovi - I imagine he is calling for changes when you look at how long it took him to settle into the best handling bike on the grid last year. You quote Hayden as saying it is better than the CF bike but ignore what Rossi said about it being no better - after his u-turn from 'grinning like a cheshire cat' as to how good it was. Who's right - Rossi or Hayden. What a conundrum. Normally you'd dismiss Hayden's opinion over Rossi but this time it doesn't suit your argument.

All I've said is I've an open mind on what it will take them to solve their problems and how far the bike is from being consistently competitive. Hayden turned in some decent times on that bike in several races last year - that to me suggests the bike was capable of more than it generally achieved because if it wasn't, it couldn't have run the times. Too hard for you to comprehend?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ducks at the fair..

Hahaha..the three wise monkeys, like pretty maids all in a row.

Sorry for the confusion Simon?

Well..I'll give you credit for holding your hand up and admitting the misleading bias of the double post rant against Rossi but, we both know the confusion was intended to paint the picture Orange..?

..it would be far easier to get on the yam or honda and win a championship than win 1 single race on the ducati and that is what puts stoners time at ducati into perspective..."

Fuck me..a lecture on perspective. Stoner won three races to look flash at the end of 2010, inbetween all the gravel spitting..But he couldn't win the championship on the best bike last year, could he? No sunshine..he couldn't even beat his team mate.

..then we have Pacey - probably the most visibly hurt #27er on the planet since Stoner departed trying to tell everyone who'll listen that it's really Lawson who's his hero - chirping away in the backgound, over sensitive in his delicate state, bless him.

It wasn't wosi who brought stats up and tried to mislead Pal? Get the fk over it..wositherapy suggests a new Lawson avatar, he's far more deserving of praise than the whining Ausralian..who couldn't hack it so he packed it.

..and last but most definitley least, mister Billy bollox himself the boy blunt Bulto..giving out advice on taking liberties..

haha..I'd bet you were born doing that fker Pal?

wosi's maths is a sight better than your english comprehension..but don't let that stop you rushing in and looking a tit. Reading between the lines and thinking for yourself ain't a strong point, is it?

You keep saying we don't know - usually followed by I never said that - but we do know, because of the stopwatch and the maths.

2 seconds this year and ninth. 1.2 seconds last year and fifth at Sepang 1.

The wosacus makes that 0.8 seconds more of a gap to the front. Care to share a conspiracy theory or two why?

Maybe expand on the 90 degree V4 theory that Ducati have been trying to crack forever and how Honda managed it straight away? You could throw some light on the centroid triangle, weight distribution and the geometry benefits of having the output shaft sprocket in the right place too?

No..? I didn't think so.

I'll give you a clue, Mister everything I read must be taken literally..Rossi said there WAS improvement just like Hayden. More feel at the front tyre with the new frame. Unfortunately, that isn't the only problem Ducati have..thus the calls for major change, which most would take as a U-turn from the corporate blame game statements made pre Malaysia.

Hayden turning the odd decent lap in QP followed by another early in the race before his soft tyres disintegrated, does not equate to a good race pace. It's a red herring.

A smart man, reading between those lines, might question the validity of such a flawed practice strategy and reason that Sunday is all that matters with points at stake. Wiser to spend limited testing time improving your chances when it counts.

Not our Bulto though..Fk me, No again.

It's proof that the Ducati is only 1% off and more than likely, that 1% is down to Valentino Rossi being a useless old has been who took the bike from a winner to being shit and there's fk all wrong with the packaging of the motor, or the monocoque concept as Checa just proved?..Sorry, you never said that did you?

Your insight free and clueless assumption is truly gobsmacking Einstein.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

logical consistency

If you are committed to a new policy of logical consistency wosi, if you are going to blame valentino's problems at ducati on the bike, for which there is indeed an excellent case, you could perhaps consider ceasing your criticism of stoner's efforts on the thing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices