Skip to content

Discuss This No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

New Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier says the hiring of a host of new engineering expertise will not be implemented to help the Bologna factory’s recovery in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. Gobmeier has the task of re-building Ducati’s MotoGP project after a disastrous two-year spell with Italian legend Valentino Rossi. The size of that task became apparent earlier this month when the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 12:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Silverstone 2010..

Tight Underwear. Arm Pump & Setting a fast lap at the end of a race nearly 4 tenths faster than your next fastest?

This, to me, sums up Stoner in a nutshell..Full of contradictions.

Great post race interview from Nostro's favourite, David Emmett.

Well worth a read for the comedy value alone..

http://motomatters.com/news/2010/06/21/casey_stoner_post_race_debrief_i_ve_got_.html

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2010/GBR/MotoGP/RAC/Analysis.pdf?v2_024dccd4

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

This, to me, sums up Stoner in a nutshell..Full of contradictions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruling the roost while he was around sums him up for me bud. No matter how many times you try to twist the facts, the facts remain intact.

Rossi 'building a wall' summed the twat up for me (as just one example!). What a fookin' prick of a prima dona.

'Bulto' was right, Casey has reeeeeally got under your skin. Get over it.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

2011 and 2012 ducati

Some of the interviews, post race and generally, from the lead ducati corse rider  in those years contained a modicum of negativity wosi.  I might even draw the conclusion that both stoner and rossi are riders accustomed to being at the front of the field who don't like not being competitive.

What is salient to 2009, the year we were actually discussing, is that stoner largely said the bike was fine, that his health was the problem. His statements about his health in that year were also imo not those of someone dissembling, he continually said that he felt ill at the end of races, and had no idea what the problem was. It would have been easy for him to say he had chronic fatigue syndrome which it is hard to exclude as a diagnosis, and which many were speculating he had on the forums, but he didn't do so. He was tested at the Australian Institute of Sport and found to have quite abnormal exercise physiology when he reputedly normally can keep up with professional cyclists on a bike, and was eventually found to have a significant electrolyte disturbance.  Rumours abounded that year before he took the time off about his diet and training; I tend to believe those, jelly beans etc were probably among the few things which didn't make him feel crook.

The greater question for me was why that element among rossi fans among whom I don't always number you were so desperate  to deny the possibility that stoner had an organic health problem and ascribe psychiatric pathology to him, and why even if the the latter was true this would be cause for gleeful gloating anyway. Calling stoner adolescent when you and your ilk seem to have a deep wish to believe your man can "break" fellow riders with jedi mind tricks or whatever also brings us back to cognitive dissonance.

A poster on another forum in regard to the difference between stoner and other hated rossi rivals like biaggi and gibernau put it very succinctly, "this dog bites back"; I won't further extend the metaphor, even in a debate with a hound..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices