Skip to content

Discuss This No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No influx of new engineering expertise at Ducati

New Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier says the hiring of a host of new engineering expertise will not be implemented to help the Bologna factory’s recovery in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. Gobmeier has the task of re-building Ducati’s MotoGP project after a disastrous two-year spell with Italian legend Valentino Rossi. The size of that task became apparent earlier this month when the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 12:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Simon..

If I had to put your motrgage on it..Rossi, Marquez, Lorenzo.

doohanfan..answer the question.

HOW COME he managed a big road trip and game fishing if he was so debilitated? 

If he worked for you, given all the tests came up with next to bugger all, and you found out he was fishing while supposedly off ill..how would you have felt?

Angry, betrayed..taken for a cunt?

You know better of course..well share the knowledge Pal. Let's clear it up once & for all.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wosi

Lactose saps your energy....that doesn't mean u can't drive a car or go fishing lol........but I get the feeling it would affect your ability to hang on to a 250bhp motorbike

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Fck me wosi, has Stoner got under your skin no end. It's comical to watch it unleashed every now and again

The only reason you and the other more rabid Rossi fans dislike him is because he was able to match and also beat Rossi - something that just isn't possible is it of the peerless one, to be beaten by anyone on equal terms. There's always an excuse ready if Rossi is beaten

You're now an expert on dietary intolerances and allergies as well as centroid trialngles. Impressive.

Do you think if you say iit enough that he wasn't ill it will make it true - a bit like how it became 'fact' that Rossi could ride around any problem because it was rattled out that often -until the Ducati put a sledgehammer through it for two years.

Anyone with half a brain and without their head up Rossi's arse could see the state Stoner was in both during and after the races before he stopped. He wasn't really sick in his helmet then I take it.

Driving a car, normally, doesn't really take the same kind of physical effort as hanging onto a Motogp bike does it. We won't bother whether he did all or any of the driving as it's not worth it. Neither does sitting in a chair holding a fishing rod take much effort.

You're hurting badly for what Stoner was able to do that Rossi couldn't - adapt. Time to move on and put all this bitterness to bed, as the more you regurgitate it, the closer you get to taking the crown you awarded me as biggest colin blunt on the forum.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I'm talking Barra Marra..

I smell something fishy..you talking out your fanny again Bullfrog?

Listen Brothers..this is Casey Stoner we're talking about. He doesn't go netting for Guppies you know..It's great big fk off Barramundi for chrissake.

Remember them three lads in that film..sumats about a big white fish if I remember right?..erm..Brody, Hooper & Quint I think?..Yeah, that's them.

You talk to those lot about sitting in a chair holding a rod while trying to land a biggun..riding a 250bhp Ducati is a piece of piss next to that type of carry on..let me tell ya.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

truly wonderful

wosi. Philip Morris /Marlboro had a right to be affronted by an employee inconveniently developing a medical problem? Sure, you can't let something like medical problems interfere with your business plans, as their entire enterprise rather graphically demonstrates.

You are the one casting the spiteful aspersions and assuming your opinion is fact, so by most rules of debate the onus of proof is on you, and I might well ask you what special knowledge you have in regard to stoner's illness, from your obviously informed perspective in your lounge room chair or at your computer desk.

I claim no special knowledge other than having followed how stoner was investigated from a somewhat informed perspective, being possessed of both an undergraduate medical degree and post graduate training and qualification in adult internal medicine. Most knowledge is now not "special" and is out there on the internet, although sifting the scientifically valid from the dross remains problematic.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wosi

We're gonna need a bigger boat

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

fuk me this has turned

Into a medical debate.........does anybody want a medical condition diagnosing......just pop it up and one of the team will give u a diagnosis shortly.....thank you for your patience

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

mcn hospital

Every possible symptom catered for....even the dairy product conumdrum

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Oh ffs DF..Man up.

Do you think wosi is the only one on the GP planet to have a big fat ? about the subject.

..and if you think a belated Lactose diagnosis has completely banished all doubt from everyone's mind, given Stoners track record, I personally think you're being naive.

I understand your stance..but it has more to do with being a fanboy than any impatial & informed professional opinion you may have.

Stoner is an enigma, there's probably only a handful of people who know the real story & reasons. He doesn't seem too fussed on setting the record straight beyond all reasonable doubt and likely never will.

The question mark still remains. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no doubt

wosi that I post totally as a fanboy, which is why I do it.

I thought the lactose intolerance thing was prosaic when first raised as well, but it actually all holds together, not that it was something I was familiar with, it is largely a paediatric problem even in caucasians. I can tell you from personal rather than professional experience (a family member who experienced anaphylaxis as a child in response to milk protein rather than merely being unable to digest lactose, the sugar in milk) that milk/dairy products are fairly ubiquitous in western food.

I had no doubt he had a physical ailment though, he looked awfully crook at the end of those races in 2009, something I actually once was rather good at picking, and making psychiatric diagnoses for physical problems is a common problem for medical professionals not just armchair psychiatrists. Everything that happened in those races in 2009 was consistent with him running out of physical endurance at the end of the races, not something that was a problem for him otherwise in his career other than perhaps his claim of arm pump in the qatar 2012 race. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices