Skip to content

Discuss This Checa exceeds all expectations by topping time sheets in final test World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Checa exceeds all expectations by topping time sheets in final test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Checa exceeds all expectations by topping time sheets in final test

Carlos Checa stunned his WSB rivals on the final day of testing at Phillip Island by setting the fastest time onboard his Alstare Ducati 1199 Panigale R. His leaderboard topping lap time is the first indication of the pace and potential of the all new Ducati. Checa’s pre –season testing has been a disaster due to poor weather and medical problems...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 13:29)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Normal service resumed...

The two old school 2 stroke/worn out GP riders leading the way. Now Max is out of the way Brits should have better odds at winning the World British Super Bike Championship by Ducati. LOL! +++++ No seriously Camier has really impressed in so far pre season and I hope he can mix it up with the front runners as we know tearaway Tom will. +++++ Can't wait for the first round and a thrill filled, safe weekend for all. SBK ... just what the "Doctor" ordered to cure boredom between GP's...... even boring GP's? LOL!

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Preziosi 55 - Yellow Scum Nil

2 Rossi excuses out the window in one day, 90 degree V and now monocoque, fair dinkum it's like Christmas, easter and Hanukah all rolled up into one down here in OZ. Pipo Preziosi is owed a big apology by rossi, burgess and their bunch of apologists in the motogp press. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Party poppers & streamers..

Sad innit..no prospects on the horizon and home fans of a once proud bike racing nation reduced to Spanish rentboys..haha.

Australia is officially a talent free zone...where women ride the bikes fast and win the cricket, while men stay home with the kids wiping bottoms and washing nappies.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Quite right P of R

And I do believe it was none other than Wosihound leading the 'doomed Panigale' call due to it's GP9/10 derived chassis. Engineering never was his forte, much like his senses of perception and reality.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Perception & reality?..that's good coming from you.

Mate..I leave you in a gibbering fucked up mess every time you think your name dropping exploits cut the mustard round here..I bet you don't even own a screwdriver.

I'm not the only one impressed & surprised with Checa's pace and I certainly don't recall any grand soothsaying predictions from you, other then Rossi will be getting smoked by Dovi?

Ducati & Checa go well at The Island..let's see how they shape up in the races and when we all get into the meat of the season.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

The Leon's

I've also been a Haslam Fan, both Ron and Leon. I'd love to see the latter do something this year on the Honda. However, he has always been the nearly man. Came closest in 2010 when on the Suzuki.

Leon Camier has surprised me in testing. He needs a good year to add to his 2009 BSB Title.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi

The only proper tool you've ever clocked came from gazing into the mirror. Remote controls don't count.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Checa is 0.6s faster on the Panigale than Rossi was on the GP12?

I'm pretty sure that tells us something...

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Thank god the paniwanigali is competetive, and Checa, superbikes needs that bike to be fast. Why not enter the paniorbiwally as a CRT bike . They have fuck all to lose.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Rumour is Ducati are out spending their motogp budget in wsbk so desperate are they for success. It's all a bit too much for nostro and rectal. How does putting a v90 in a twin spar vindicate doing it in a frameless design?? Over to you guys.... Considering how different the specs are in motogp and wsbk I'd say trying the same approach was exactly what wasn't needed. Is short just cause Honda make it work doesn't make it right for Ducati not wrong either though. Yam have won a lot more titles in recent years does that mean Ducati should switch to an inline 4. Would that be justification. Does Ducati have any racing DNA... Other than fudging the rules.??? Probably not... It is not coincidence that all other ducatis are now aprilias.. That's straight from the paddock..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle